Hotel at a Glance: Holiday Inn Dallas–Richardson
Some of the world's largest telecommunications and networking companies have offices in the city of Richardson, Texas, located about 15 miles from Dallas. In turn, the Holiday Inn Dallas–Richardson is well-equipped for business travelers—it offers six conference rooms equipped with high-tech amenities. If you have downtime, you can check out any of the five malls in the area, such as Galleria Dallas, which boasts more than 200 shops and an indoor ice skating rink.
- Try southwestern cuisine at Austin Grill, the hotel’s onsite restaurant. It serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner specials such as braised pork ribs and blue-bonnet veggie enchiladas.
- Lounge in the sun by the hotel's outdoor pool
- Take a train ride to Dallas: The DART can get you downtown in just 30 minutes
- The hotel’s complimentary shuttle will drop you off anywhere within a 5-mile radius of the hotel
- Firemans #4 blonde ale, an award-winning beer made in Texas, and is on tap at Austin Lounge
Richardson, Texas: Well-Heeled Dallas Suburb with Major Businesses and Upscale Shopping
An affluent suburb of North Dallas, Richardson was called one of the best places to live in the United States according to Money magazine in 2006, and it was named the second-best place to raise kids in Texas according to a Business Week annual report in 2009.
In addition to its thriving business center—more than 5,000 businesses have operations within Richardson's 28 square miles—the city is home to several upscale shopping malls, 40 miles of scenic biking trails, and a renowned performing arts center. The Cottonwood Arts Festival draws crowds the first weekend of each May and October. Twelve miles north, you can tour Southfork Ranch and the Ewing Mansion, which served as shooting locations for the hit series “Dallas."