An outdoor pool, 9-hole mini-golf course, free breakfast buffet, and more are available for guests to enjoy at this island oasis
Hotel at a Glance: Holiday Inn Express Waikiki
Waikiki Beach sets the backdrop for a game of 9-hole mini-golf, life-size chess, shuffleboard, ping-pong, and more on the 5th-floor skydeck at Holiday Inn Express Waikiki. Just 3 blocks away from Waikiki Beach, this beach town oasis features an outdoor pool, jet spa, yoga classes, and more, offering a piece of paradise around every corner.
- Relaxing, comfortable rooms each come equipped with a small refrigerator, microwave, and Keurig coffee machine.
- Start the day with warm cinnamon rolls, fresh fruit, pastries, and more at the hotel’s complimentary breakfast buffet.
- Beachside yoga adds to the tranquility and serenity of island-life. The hotel also offers an on-site fitness center, where guests can work up a sweat without the sun.
- Splash around in the outdoor pool, soak in the soothing hot tub, or relax poolside in a private cabana.
- Explore the island. Scenic walkways and nature paths pave the way along the Koolau Mountains, which are located just 4 blocks away from the hotel.
Waikiki, Honolulu: White-Sand Beaches, World-Class Surfing, and Luxury Entertainment
When they’re not surfing or sunbathing on Waikiki’s beach, most travelers explore the area’s busy avenues lined with everything from upscale boutiques and nightclubs to craft booths and street performers. Other attractions include the Honolulu Zoo, which houses exotic and endangered species such as sumatran tigers and white-handed gibbons, and the Waikiki Aquarium, where more than 3,500 creatures of the Pacific glide throughout glassed-in galleries.
Also nearby is one of Hawaii’s most recognizable natural landmarks, Diamond Head State Monument—a 300,000-year-old saucer formed by a single eruption. Hikers can walk along a trail where molten lava once smoldered to ascend to the crater’s 560-foot-tall lip.