Hotel at a Glance: Holiday Inn L.I. City Manhattan View
This brand-new, upscale Holiday Inn in Queens is close to La Guardia and JFK airports, and it's also convenient for those looking to check out Manhattan's attractions—that borough is just a 10-minute subway ride away. The hotel boasts views of the city skyline and has a Brazilian barbecue restaurant onsite.
- Two-minute walk to the subway: Hop on a train and be in downtown Manhattan within minutes.
- Business or sightseeing: The location is near JetBlue and MetLife headquarters, along with classic NYC sights such as Times Square and Madison Square Garden.
- Spacious rooms and suites include mini refrigerators, and many feature views of Manhattan through floor-to-ceiling windows.
- Authentic Brazilian barbecue and casual American fare are served at the onsite Rio Grande restaurant; kids under 12 eat free.
- Work out at the onsite fitness center.
Long Island City, New York: Artists and Galleries Minutes from Manhattan
Long Island City is the westernmost neighborhood in Queens, connected to New York City by the Queensboro Bridge. You can get to Manhattan in just a few minutes via the subway system, but don't forget to check out what Long Island City has to offer. For starters, it has one of the highest concentrations of art galleries in New York. Scores of artists live and work in the neighborhood, which has also begun to see an uptick in upscale shopping and dining options.
For a classic day out in New York City, take the ferry from Battery Park (2.6 miles from the hotel) to the Statue of Liberty and climb to the observation deck for a jaw-dropping view. Afterwards, check out Central Park, the famed 843-acre green space in the middle of America's largest city. Once in Manhattan, you'll be just 4 miles from the hotel; hop on a subway train and head home to further explore L.I. City. Your options include the award-winning Laughing Devil comedy club and 5 Pointz NYC, an outdoor mecca for graffiti artists.