Hotel at a Glance: Holiday Inn Norwich
The newly renovated, family friendly Holiday Inn Norwich offers a complimentary shuttle service to the Mohegan Sun casino just three miles down the road. The U.S.'s second-largest casino, Mohegan Sun encompasses 364,000 square feet of gaming space, including 7,000 slot machines and a 40-table poker room. The hotel is also only 10 miles from Foxwoods Resort and Casino and 20 minutes from Mystic Aquarium, as well as several beaches.
- In-room amenities: Newly designed guest rooms feature pillow-top mattresses, microwaves, refrigerators, and HDTVs
- Breakfast options: at Rendezvous restaurant include granola yogurt parfait and low-carb omelets; there are also blueberry pancakes, cinnamon french toast, and other sugary classics.
- Upcoming performances at Mohegan Sun Arena: Earth, Wind & Fire (June 21), Avicii (June 27), Michael Buble (July 10), Justin Timberlake (July 18).
- Catch the game at Scorzz Sports Bar And Grill, an onsite lunch and dinner spot with pool tables and Friday karaoke, as well as beer, jumbo wings, and 13 HDTVs
- Family friendly attraction: Mystic Aquarium, located 20 miles from the hotel, is home to beluga whales, California sea lions, and piranhas
- Work up a sweat: at the hotel’s fitness center, then cool off at the indoor pool.
- Stay connected with the hotel's complimentary WiFi.
Norwich, Connecticut: Historic Town with Casinos Nearby
From Norwich, Connecticut, you're within a short drive of several nearby cultural attractions, shopping centers, and casinos. In addition to the Mohegan Sun casino, the Foxwoods Resort & Casino provides plenty of gaming opportunities, from slots to table games to bingo.
Norwich's position on Connecticut's Thames River created a rich habitat for the Native Americans who made their home here. Settlers arrived in clipper boats in 1658, using the passageway for shipping goods to England. During the American Revolution, George Washington sought provisions for the army in Norwich—as did hometown boy Benedict Arnold.