Hotel at a Glance: Holiday Inn Express Snowmass Village
Setting itself apart, the Holiday Inn Express Snowmass Village eschews traditional lodge decor for a hip, modern feel. The lobby welcomes visitors with bold, bright colors and sleek modular furniture. Even the faux mounted deer head above the fireplace requires a double take with its funky Fair Isle–inspired paint job. These details carry over into the guest rooms, where you’ll find bright blues, greens, and pinks and geometric patterns.
- Go for a swim in the outdoor pool.
- Work up a sweat on the cardio equipment in the fitness center.
- Sip a New Belgium brew at the Bar at Wildwood Snowmass, which has 10 on tap plus a menu of hearty lunch and dinner fare.
- Start the day right with a complimentary continental breakfast.
- Summer in the mountains: At nearby Aspen Snowmass, you can hike and mountain bike amid wildflowers and kayak and fish in two rivers.
Aspen, Colorado: Upscale Shopping and Fine Dining
Aspen’s historic downtown area is lined with red-brick buildings housing upscale boutiques and fine-dining restaurants. You can find a number of art galleries and museums here, too, including the Aspen Art Museum. This gallery-like space hosts contemporary art exhibits, activities, and lectures from local and international artists. The Wheeler Opera House, situated in the middle of downtown Aspen, is also worth a visit. Built in 1889, it’s now used as a venue for movies and concerts.