What You Get
- Stay for two in a standard king or two-double room
- One kid 17 or younger stays free in a standard king room or up to two kids stay free in a standard two-double room
- Dates into February 2016
Policies and Fees
- Reservations: Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased
- Cancellation policy: 24-hour cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable
- Rates may vary by date and are subject to availability
No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate; no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed.
Hotel at a Glance: Holiday Inn & Suites Downtown Chicago
The Holiday Inn & Suites Downtown Chicago sits on the edge of Chicago’s Loop. The hotel is within a 10-minute walk of the Willis Tower (formerly the Sears Tower) and a quick cab ride from Millennium Park and a number of museums. Greektown’s restaurants and the University of Illinois at Chicago are right around the corner.
- Sunny’s Bar and Grill: The onsite restaurant serves American cuisine for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Fitness center: You can work off some of that deep-dish pizza onsite.
- Driving time to the Art Institute of Chicago: 10 minutes
Chicago’s Loop: Historic Commercial Center with World-Class Museums and Parks
Named after the shape formed by the elevated train tracks that form its perimeter, The Loop is Chicago’s downtown and the country’s second-largest business district. Skyscrapers such as the Willis Tower (formerly the Sears Tower) and the art-deco Chicago Board of Trade Building loom large here. They overlook waterfront parks, a glitzy theater district, and some of the world’s finest art collections.
Chief among the latter is the Art Institute of Chicago, whose gargantuan collection covers everything from marble busts and sarcophagi to modern masterpieces such as Edward Hopper’s Nighthawks and Grant Wood’s American Gothic. You don’t even have to go to the museum to see outstanding art—walk around The Loop, and you’ll see outdoor sculptures from Picasso and Joan Miró. Just north of the Art Institute, Millennium Park is known for both the Frank Gehry-designed Pritzker Pavilion (which hosts free public concerts during the summer), and for the sculpture Cloud Gate, known to Chicagoans as “The Bean” for its legume-like shape.
Grant Park, known affectionately as “Chicago’s front yard,” occupies more than 300 acres along the lake just east of the Loop. Modeled after the gardens at Versailles, the park is dotted with several impressive attractions, including Buckingham Fountain, the Field Museum, Shedd Aquarium, and Adler Planetarium. Its sheer size have made Grant Park the site of many notable events, including Barack Obama’s 2008 victory speech and the Lollapalooza music festival, which takes place here every summer.
King Leisure Room
- One king bed
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 3
- Adding occupants above standard: $15 per night for an additional guest 18 or older; one kid 17 or younger stays free
- Two double beds
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 4
- Adding occupants above standard: $15 per night for each additional guest 18 or older; kids 17 or younger stay free
- Check in: 3 p.m.
- Check out: 12 p.m.
- Parking: available for an additional $40 per night
- Rollaways: not available
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property
- Pet policy: pets are not allowed inside the property.
- Accessibility: please contact property for handicap accessibility requests or options.
- Room upgrades: upgrades may be available by calling the property or at check-in for an additional cost.
- Restaurant and bar
- Fitness center
- Seasonal rooftop pool
- Free WiFi
The Fine Print
- Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased
- 24-hour cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable
- No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- No refunds will be processed by Groupon after check-in
- Must be 21 or older to check in
- Credit card required at check-in
- Not valid with reward points.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Holiday Inn & Suites Downtown Chicago
- Nearest airports: Midway (MDW; 11 miles) and O’Hare (ORD; 18 miles)
- Cab fare: about $40 from MDW and $50 from ORD, including a 15% tip
- Nearest transit stop: Clinton Blue Line “L” station