What You Get
- Stay for two in a queen room or double-queen room
- Up to two kids 12 or younger stay free in a double-queen room
Policies and Fees
- Reservations: Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased.
- Cancellation policy: 96-hour cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable.
- Additional fees: $50 credit card authorization paid at check-in.
- Rates may vary by date and are subject to availability.
No-shows will be charged total rate; no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed.
Hotel at a Glance: Hotel Aqua Mar
Hotel Aqua Mar sits on the Point Loma peninsula, an area west of downtown San Diego that’s known for picturesque scenes of rocky cliffs set against the Pacific Ocean. Sample local seafood at one of the restaurants near the peninsula’s eastern waterfront, then head to the west side to take in a gorgeous sunset from the cliffs.
- Beachy style: Blue mosaic tiling in the bathroom and wave-inspired artwork over the beds nod to the city’s seaside setting.
- Share vacation pics using the hotel’s free WiFi.
- Get comfy: Slip on the robe and slippers in your room and settle in to watch the 40-inch plasma TV.
- Closest beach: Shoreline Park, located 1 mile away on Shelter Island
- Distance from the Gaslamp Quarter: 6 miles
San Diego, California: Electric Nightlife and Historical Attractions
San Diego’s sunny, comfortably warm weather and 70 miles of coastline have long attracted out-of-towners, but the city’s inland scene is no slouch, either. The Gaslamp Quarter is arguably the trendiest listing on the National Register of Historic Places. The area forms both the historic center of town and a hub of nightlife, with nearly 100 Victorian-era buildings occupied by high-end boutiques and gourmet restaurants.
A stroll through iconic Balboa Park takes you past 17 museums, as well as the world-famous San Diego Zoo. There’s also the vibrant Spanish Village Art Center, a living gallery where local artists produce pottery and oil paintings. In Old Town, shops in Mission-style stucco buildings sell colorful woven baskets and maracas. Nearby stands the Whaley House Museum, dubbed one of the Most Terrifying Places in America by the Travel Channel. Ghosts of former residents are said to inhabit the rooms, which are filled with Victorian furniture and eerie dolls.
- One queen bed
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 2
- Two queen beds
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 4
- Adding occupants above standard: $10 per night for each additional guest 13 or older; kids 12 or younger stay free
- Check in: 3 p.m.
- Check out: 11 a.m.
- Parking: free
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property.
- Pet policy: pets are not allowed inside the property.
- Accessibility: please contact property for handicap-accessibility requests or options.
- Room upgrades: upgrades may be available by calling the property or at check-in for an additional cost.
- Free WiFi
- Free parking
The Fine Print
- 4-day cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable
- No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- No refunds will be processed by Groupon after check-in
- Must be 18+ to check in
- Credit card required at check-in
- $50 credit card authorization paid at check-in
- Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
Hotel Aqua Mar
- Nearest airport: San Diego International (SAN; 3 mi)
- Cab fare: about $20 from SAN, including a 15% tip