What You Get
- Stay for two in a superior room or superior oceanfront room or four in a junior suite
- Dates into June
Policies and Fees
- Reservations: Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased.
- Cancellation policy: 4-day cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable.
- Additional fees: $22 daily resort fee plus tax added at purchase.
- Rates may vary by date and are subject to availability.
No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate; no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed.
Hotel at a Glance: Hotel Breakwater South Beach
If Ocean Drive is a microcosm of South Beach’s glamorous yet laid-back aesthetic, then Hotel Breakwater is a microcosm of Ocean Drive. The art deco icon brims with luxe touches, such as a glass-walled plunge pool. A blue neon sign and salty ocean breezes cut through the posh and remind guests why they’re here: to relax and have fun.
- White-sand beaches are just across the street from the hotel.
- Superior rooms feature colorful modern furnishings; superior oceanfront rooms boast views of the beach.
- Free hot breakfast includes scrambled eggs, french toast, and bacon.
- Dine indoors or out at two onsite restaurants, Il Paparazzi and Ocean’s Ten.
Miami’s South Beach: World-Famous Nightlife and Art-Deco Icons
Just east of downtown Miami, on the barrier island that forms Miami Beach, you’ll find one of the world’s nightlife capitals: South Beach. The clubs along Ocean Drive are legendary for their boisterous, all-night blowouts—and for good reason. With all the rum-soaked mojitos, colorful neon, and celebrity sightings, it can feel like an endless party. Perhaps that’s why the area pops up so often in film and TV shows, including Burn Notice and The Birdcage.
The coast of South Beach is known as Lummus Park, which Frommer’s calls Miami’s “best beach for people-watching.” While the bleached sand and curving palms are gorgeous, they’re almost overshadowed by the chiseled beach-goers dotting the sand. From here, a wood-slat boardwalk runs all the way up to North Beach, attracting joggers and roller bladers. Head across the bay, to South Pointe Park or Bill Baggs Cape Florida State Park, for quieter, more secluded shores.
It’s easy enough to spend the entirety of a trip to South Beach face-down on a beach towel, but that would mean missing out on the city’s other offerings. The famous art-deco district, with its iconic, streamlined hotels in pastel shades, was the first 20th-century neighborhood to be recognized by the National Register of Historic Places. Every morning at 10:30, local experts from the Miami Design Preservation League lead a 90-minute walking tour that highlights the neighborhood’s signature architecture.
Superior Room or Superior Oceanfront Room
- One king bed
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 2
- One king bed and one sofa bed
- Standard occupancy: 4
- Maximum occupancy: 4
- Check in: 4 p.m.
- Check out: 11 a.m.
- $22 resort fee includes: local and international calls, WiFi, beach access with chairs and towels, 24-hour gym access, and use of infinity pool and bikes.
- Parking: valet available for an additional $42 per day plus tax.
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property.
- Pet policy: pets are not allowed inside the property.
- Accessibility: please contact property for handicap-accessibility requests and options.
- Room upgrades: upgrades may be available at check-in for an additional cost.
- Outdoor pool
- Free WiFi
- Free hot breakfast buffet
- Indoor and outdoor restaurants
- Complimentary bicycles
- 24-hour fitness center
The Fine Print
- Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased
- 4-day cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable
- No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- No refunds will be processed by Groupon after check-in
- Must be 21 or older to check in
- Credit card required at check-in
- Not valid with reward points
- $22 daily resort fee plus tax added at purchase.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Hotel Breakwater South Beach
- Nearest airports: Miami International (MIA; 11 mi) and Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International (FLL; 32 mi)
- Cab fare: about $50 from MIA