What You Get
View local health guidelines for travel here
- Stay for two in a king junior suite or a double-queen junior suite
Hotel at a Glance: Cristal Ballena Resort
Guests can relax in the great located Resort near the unique “Marino Ballena” Marine National Park on the South Pacific Coast of Costa Rica. Especially beautiful daily sunsets deserve attention. The large swimming pool with Pool-Bar and Restaurant allows enjoying the magnificent ocean view.
- Spa Cristal: Spa helps to find harmony and relaxation with natural aromas and a peaceful atmosphere. Aestheticians offer services such as massages, wraps, exfoliations, facials, and beauty treatments.
- Whale Coast: one of the most popular activities brings together many tourists who admire these beautiful creatures.
- Ballena National Marine Park: provides an opportunity for the best diving and snorkeling in Costa Rica, park covers 270 acres of land and 13,300 acres of ocean.
- Restaurant and poolside bar ‘Pura Vida!’: Come and taste delicious meals by enjoying a refreshing swim and cool drinks.
Puntarenas, Costa Rica: Scarlet Macaws and Surfing in Popular Ecotourism Getaway
Puntarenas is Costa Rica’s largest province, extending hundreds of miles along the Pacific coast from the Panama border to the Gulf of Nicoya. In Puntarenas, you’re never far from beaches, national parks, and nature reserves, making the area popular for ecotourism. The beachside town of Jacó attracts surfers from all over the globe with consistently big waves and good breaks. About 20 miles north, Carara National Park is home to crocodiles, two-toed sloths, and hundreds of scarlet macaws—a rare sight in most parts of the country.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the best way to travel to the hotel from the airport?Juan Santamaría International Airport (SJO) is approximately 217 km from the hotel. A one-way airport transfer is available for an additional $210 plus tax per person and can be arranged by contacting the hotel directly.
2. Is there an additional occupancy fee, or do I have to purchase another voucher? The deal covers a stay for two guests. An additional two guests may be added to the double-queen junior suite for an extra fee. Please contact the property directly for pricing and details.
3. Will I be approached to attend a timeshare sales presentation? Customers are never obligated to attend a sales presentation. If you are approached and decline a presentation, you will not lose the value of your voucher or have to pay additional fees.
4. Which activities and amenities are included in the resort credits? No resort credits are included in this deal.
5. Are dinner reservations required for restaurants? Is there a dress code? For information regarding your dining options, please click here or call 888-800-1923.
King Junior Suite
- One king bed
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 2
Double-Queen Junior Suite
- Two queen beds
- Standard occupancy: 2
Maximum occupancy: 3
- Adding occupants above standard: Please contact the property directly for pricing and details.
- Check in: 2 p.m.
- Check out: 12 p.m.
- Parking: free
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property.
- Pet policy: pets are not allowed inside the property.
- Accessibility: handicap-accessible rooms are not available.
- Room upgrades: upgrades may be available during booking or at check-in for an additional cost.
- Poolside bar ‘Pura Vida!’
- Spa Cristal
- Shuttle service to the beach
- Souvenir shop, pool table
- Tropical gardens, rainforest hiking path
- Wedding ceremony area
- 7-day cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable
- No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- No refunds will be processed by Groupon after check-in
- Must be 18+ to check in
- Credit card required at check-in
- Must present valid US or Canadian ID at check-in
- All prices and charges listed in US Dollars
- Purchases are in US Dollars
- Foreign exchange fee may apply
- Airfare not included
- Rates may vary by date and are subject to availability
- Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased
- Final price at checkout may include an additional Groupon service fee, which Groupon retains as compensation for facilitating your reservation; this fee will not exceed 5% of the nightly cost of the reservation.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
- Learn about Strike-Through Pricing and Savings
About Hotel Cristal Ballena
Nearest airport: Juan Santamaria Intl Airport Distance from Uvita: about 135 miles