What You Get
View local health guidelines for travel here
- Stay for two in a standard king room or standard two-double room
- Up to two kids 17 or younger stay free in a standard two-double room
Policies and Fees
- Reservations: Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased.
- Cancellation policy: 4-day cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable.
- Additional fees: $15 daily urban fee plus tax paid at check-in. $100 daily credit card hold for incidentals paid at check-in.
- Rates may vary by date and are subject to availability.
No-shows will be charged total rate; no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed.
Top Reasons to Stay at Hotel Essex
- Brand new hotel with luxury amenities and features.
- The hotel is within walking distance of the Museum Campus, a lakefront park that’s home to the Shedd Aquarium, Adler Planetarium, and the Field Museum.
- Within a few blocks of the hotel, you can catch buses and trains to other parts of the city, including the high-end shops of the Magnificent Mile, Water Tower Place, the Museum Campus, Navy Pier, and other downtown attractions.
- All guest rooms have high-speed WiFi, refrigerators, Smart TV with streaming capabilities, Frette robes, Trussardi bath products, mirror with bluetooth-enabled speakers, and floor-to-ceiling windows.
Chicago’s South Loop: Historic Downtown Neighborhood near World-Class Museums and Lake Michigan
A cultural renaissance in recent years has seen Chicago’s South Loop turn into one of the city’s most vibrant residential and industrial centers. The downtown neighborhood is bordered on the north by Printer’s Row, a two-block stretch along Dearborn Street once known as the printing capital of the Midwest. Here you’ll find some of the buildings that made Chicago one of the world’s leaders in architecture in the 1880s and ’90s—a title it’s held ever since.
To the east lie Lake Michigan and the Museum Campus, a 57-acre lakefront park home to the city’s trio of natural-sciences museums. The Field Museum houses more than 21 million artifacts, including its most famous resident, Sue, the largest and most complete Tyrannosaurus rex fossil ever unearthed. Bullfrogs, beluga whales, and moon jellies dwell at Shedd Aquarium, and stargazers will want to make a stop at Adler Planetarium. You don’t have to limit yourself to the Loop during your trip; check out our guide to Chicago public transportation for tips on navigating it like a local.
Standard King Room
- One king bed
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 2
Standard Two-Double Room
- Two double beds
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 4
- Adding occupants above standard: $10 per night for each additional guest 18 or older; kids 17 or younger stay free
- Due to the COVID-19, all guests are required to wear a mask in public spaces at all times.
- Check in: 4 p.m.
- Check out: 11 a.m.
- $15 urban fee includes: bottled water upon arrival, in-room high-speed WiFi, in-room espresso, local phone calls, access to fitness center, 24/7 access and printing at the business center, and daily newspapers in the lobby.
- Parking: parking is not available onsite.
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property.
- Pet policy: pets are not allowed inside the property.
- Accessibility: please contact property for handicap accessibility requests or options.
- Room upgrades: upgrades may be available during booking or at check-in for an additional cost.
- Fitness center
- WiFi (included in urban fee)
- City views
- Alarm clock radio with wireless charging and USB outlets
- Guest laundry and dry cleaning
- Trussardi bath products
- 55” smart TV
The Fine Print
- 4-day cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable
- No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- No refunds will be processed by Groupon after check-in
- Must be 21+ to check in
- Credit card required at check-in
- $15 daily urban fee plus tax paid at check-in
- $100 daily credit card hold for incidentals paid at check-in
- Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Hotel Essex Chicago
- Nearest airports: Midway International Airport (MDW; 13 mi) and O’Hare International Airport (ORD; 19 mi)
- Nearest transit stops: Roosevelt stop via CTA Orange Line from MDW; LaSalle stop via CTA Blue Line from ORD
- Cab fare: about $50 from MDW and $70 from ORD, including a 15% tip