What You Get
- Stay for two in a superior king room or modern oceanfront king room
- Dates into May
Policies and Fees
- Reservations: Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased.
- Cancellation policy: 4-day cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable.
- Additional fees: $18 daily resort fee plus tax added at purchase.
- Rates may vary by date and are subject to availability.
No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate; no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed.
Hotel at a Glance: Hotel Ocean
This boutique hotel is set near the shores of South Beach. Out front, palm trees shade cream stucco walls; inside, luxury awaits. Marble halls and arching doorways lead to a trickling fountain in the courtyard, and large windows let in natural light all over the property.
- Steps from the beach: Walk out the doors and onto the sand.
- No need for a car: Hotel Ocean is within short walking distance of numerous South Beach attractions, including upscale shopping, nightlife, and art-deco walking tours.
- Chic rooms look out over the glittering city lights or the ocean.
- Oysters and sea bass are on the menu at the onsite Il Giardino restaurant, which specializes in seafood and imported cheeses.
Miami’s South Beach: World-Famous Nightlife and Art-Deco Icons
Just east of downtown Miami, on the barrier island that forms Miami Beach, you’ll find one of the world’s nightlife capitals: South Beach. The clubs along Ocean Drive are legendary for their boisterous, all-night blowouts—and for good reason. With all the rum-soaked mojitos, colorful neon, and celebrity sightings, it can feel like an endless party. Perhaps that’s why the area pops up so often in film and TV shows, including Burn Notice and The Birdcage.
The coast of South Beach is known as Lummus Park, which Frommer’s calls Miami’s “best beach for people-watching.” While the bleached sand and curving palms are gorgeous, they’re almost overshadowed by the chiseled beach-goers dotting the sand. From here, a wood-slat boardwalk runs all the way up to North Beach, attracting joggers and roller bladers. Head across the bay, to South Pointe Park or Bill Baggs Cape Florida State Park, for quieter, more secluded shores.
It’s easy enough to spend the entirety of a trip to South Beach face-down on a beach towel, but that would mean missing out on the city’s other offerings. The famous art-deco district, with its iconic, streamlined hotels in pastel shades, was the first 20th-century neighborhood to be recognized by the National Register of Historic Places. Every morning at 10:30, local experts from the Miami Design Preservation League lead a 90-minute walking tour that highlights the neighborhood’s signature architecture.
Superior King Room or Modern Oceanfront King Room
- One king bed
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 2
- Check in: 4 p.m.
- Check out: 11 a.m.
- Parking: valet available for an additional $35 per day.
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property.
- Pet policy: pets are not allowed inside the property.
- Accessibility: handicap-accessible rooms are not available.
- Room upgrades: upgrades may be available by calling the property or at check-in for an additional cost.
- Beach chairs and towels
- Use of sister property’s pool and fitness center
- Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased
- 4-day cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable
- No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- No refunds will be processed by Groupon after check-in
- Must be 21 or older to check in
- Credit card required at check-in
- Not valid with reward points
- $18 daily resort fee plus tax added at purchase.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Hotel Ocean
- Nearest airport: Miami International Airport (MIA; 12 mi)
- Cab fare: about $55 from MIA, including a 15% tip