Hotel at a Glance: Hotel Omni Mont Royal
A multi-million dollar renovation and re-imagining has given new life to the Hotel Omni Mont Royal. The AAA Four Diamond Award-winning hotel, located steps from McGill University and Mont Royal, has luxurious rooms with updated decor, with marble bathrooms, new furniture, and views of nearby Mont Royal. You'll be just just minutes from downtown shopping and the cobblestone streets of Old Montréal.
- Artistic French cuisine onsite at Le Petit Opus Café
- Handcrafted cocktails are served alongside fine wine and champagne at Alice's Bar
- Themed nights at Alice's Bar: Glam and Bubbles every Thursday night, and Whisky night every Wednesday
- In-room amenities: Guest rooms feature 42-inch LCD HDTVs, Italian marble bathrooms, iHome™ clock radio and docking station, and free WiFi
- For Mont Real views: Choose an executive suite, which overlooks the mountain that gave Montreal it's name
- Get in a workout at the fully equipped fitness center
Montreal, Quebec: Canada's French-Speaking Cultural Capital
Canada’s second-largest city is set on the Island of Montreal, located about an hour's drive from the border with Vermont. The majority of the nearly 2 million inhabitants here speak French as a first language.
Cobbled streets, historic architecture, and horse-drawn carriages make up Old Montreal. A good first stop for visitors is the Bonsecours Market, a domed plaza where local merchants have been selling wares for more than 100 years. As you browse the area, check out the iconic and elaborately decorated Notre-Dame Basilica, one of the city's most famous churches. Built in the Gothic Revival style, it houses a fascinating crypt filled with archaeological treasures.
Montreal is renowned for its music and arts scene. One of the best places to see a show is the Place des Arts, a huge complex of theaters and concert halls that occupies a whole square downtown. Opera, ballet, symphony, and jazz shows fill the Place des Arts' calendar, but there's the occasional rock band or stand-up comedy as well.