Hotel at a Glance: Hotel Omni Mont-Royal
Located downtown on the elegant Sherbrooke Street West, the hotel Omni Mont-Royal dominates the Golden Square Mile’s historical district. Towering the Mount-Royal Park, the 32-story hotel offers magnificent city views. Honoring Montreal’s reputation for gastronomy, house chef, Chef Laurent Miot, treats guests on a daily basis to a variety of local flavors à la Montréal. You’ll be just just minutes from downtown shopping and the cobblestone streets of Old Montréal.
- Artistic French cuisine onsite at Le Petit Opus Café
- Handcrafted cocktails are served alongside fine wine and champagne at Alice’s Bar.
- Themed nights at Alice’s Bar: Glam and Bubbles every Thursday night, and Whisky Follies night every Wednesday
- In-room amenities: Guest rooms feature 42-inch LCD HDTVs, Italian marble bathrooms, iHome™ clock radio and docking station, and free WiFi.
- For Mont-Royal views: Choose an executive suite, which overlooks the mountain that gave Montreal its name.
- Get in a workout at the fully equipped fitness center.
Montreal, Quebec: Canada’s French-Speaking Cultural Capital
Cobbled streets, historic architecture, and horse-drawn carriages are common throughout Montreal, Canada’s second-largest city and one of the oldest European settlements in North America. It was founded by the French in 1642, and 2 million people speak French here as an official language.
A good first stop for visitors is the Bonsecours Market, a domed plaza where local merchants have been peddling their wares for more than 100 years. As you browse the area, check out the elaborate Notre-Dame Basilica, one of the city’s most famous churches. It was built in the Gothic Revival style, and it houses a fascinating crypt filled with archaeological treasures.
Montreal is renowned for its music and arts scenes. One of the best places to see a show is the Place des Arts, a huge complex of theaters and concert halls that occupies a whole block downtown. Opera, ballet, symphony, and jazz shows fill most of the Place des Arts’ calendar, but there’s the occasional rock band or standup comedy show as well.
Book a spring break trip for the chance to win a second trip!