What You Get
View local health guidelines for travel here
- Stay for two in a standard queen room or four in a double-queen room
Hotel at a Glance: Hotel Point Loma
Only a block from the harbor, the Hotel Point Loma is perfectly situated near one of San Diego’s greatest draws: the Pacific Ocean. Along the shore, you’ll find plenty of places to get out on the waves, including marinas and fishing charters. Walk a little further south and you’ll find San Diego’s Shelter Island, which is covered mostly with sailing launches and public fishing piers. But even those not looking to discover their sea legs can find something to love about the ocean by indulging in the fresh seafood that restaurants serve up daily.
- Lions, tigers, bears, oh my!: The San Diego Zoo is one of the largest in the country, housing over 3,700 animals.
- Grab a seat in the splash zone at Sea World San Diego, which is about 3 miles away.
- Shop in Victorian-era buildings in San Diego’s Gaslamp Quarter, which is now home to high-end boutiques and gourmet restaurants.
- Museums, gardens, and theaters can all be found in Balboa Park, which spans over 1,200 acres in the heart of downtown.
San Diego, California: Electric Nightlife and Historical Attractions
San Diego’s sunny, comfortably warm weather and 70 miles of coastline have long attracted out-of-towners, but the city’s inland scene is no slouch, either. The Gaslamp Quarter is arguably the trendiest listing on the National Register of Historic Places. The area forms both the historic center of town and a hub of nightlife, with nearly 100 Victorian-era buildings occupied by high-end boutiques and gourmet restaurants.
A stroll through iconic Balboa Park takes you past 17 museums, as well as the world-famous San Diego Zoo. There’s also the vibrant Spanish Village Art Center, a living gallery where local artists produce pottery and oil paintings. In Old Town, shops in Mission-style stucco buildings sell colorful woven baskets and maracas. Nearby stands the Whaley House Museum, dubbed one of the Most Terrifying Places in America by the Travel Channel. Ghosts of former residents are said to inhabit the rooms, which are filled with Victorian furniture and eerie dolls.
Standard Queen Room
- One queen bed
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 2
- Two queen beds
- Standard occupancy: 4
- Maximum occupancy: 4
- Check in: 3 p.m.
- Check out: 11 a.m.
- Parking: free
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property.
- Pet policy: pets may be added for an additional $20 per pet per night.
- Accessibility: please contact property for handicap accessibility requests or options.
- Room upgrades: upgrades may be available during booking or at check-in for an additional cost.
- Complimentary WiFi and coffee
- Free parking
- Pet-friendly (additional fees apply)
The Fine Print
- 96-hour cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable
- No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- No refunds will be processed by Groupon after check-in
- Must be 18+ to check in
- Credit card required at check-in
- Rates may vary by date and are subject to availability
- Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Hotel Point Loma
- Nearest airport: San Diego International Airport (SAN; 4 mi)
- Nearest transit stop: SDMTS, Bus 28, Rosecrans St. & Garrison St. stop
- Cab fare: about $20 from SAN, including 15% tip