Hotel at a Glance: Hotel RL Washington, DC
For a vacation home base in the nation’s capital, it’d be hard to do better than Hotel RL. It’s located in Dupont Circle, one of DC’s best-known neighborhoods and chock-full of intriguing restaurants, bars, and art galleries. Just two blocks from the hotel is the Dupont Circle Metro stop, which you can use to explore the city at large.
- Comforts of home: Guest rooms have free WiFi and flat-screen TVs.
- In-room amenities feature mini-fridges, microwaves, and coffee makers (studio suites don’t feature coffee makers). Studio suites have a full set of cooking utensils and a separate kitchenette.
- Walk to the White House in less than 15 minutes.
- Stay fit with a free pass to the nearby Gold’s Gym or LA Fitness.
- Distance from Lincoln Memorial: 1.3 miles
Dupont Circle, Washington, DC: Historic Charm and Dynamic Nightlife
In Dupont Circle, located about 2 miles northwest of downtown, foreign embassies housed in historic mansions neighbor hole-in-the-wall bars and boutiques. During the day, crowds gather in Dupont Circle’s park to watch chess players hustle on permanent stone-table boards. Here, you can see the neighborhood’s elaborate centerpiece—the two-tiered, white-marble Dupont Circle Fountain. At night, check out the bars along Connecticut Avenue, which range from Latin lounges to beer pubs and high-end clubs.
Two blocks from the fountain, The Phillips Collection showcases paintings by Renoir, van Gogh, and O’Keeffe. A quick ride on the Metro will get you near the National Mall, a tree-lined open space that stretches 2.5 miles, from the US Capitol Building, past the Smithsonian museums to the Lincoln Memorial.