What You Get
View local health guidelines for travel here. Due to COVID-19, some hotel amenities and services may be modified or temporarily unavailable. Please contact Hotel Solarena directly for the most up to date information.
- Stay for two in a king room or double-queen room
- Up to two kids 11 or younger stay free in a double-queen room
$15 Daily Resort Fee Includes
- Grab and go breakfast
- 1-hour bike rental for two per stay
- Beach equipment, including beach chairs, umbrellas, sand toys, and beach towels
- Beverage service by the pool (water, ice tea, and lemonade)
Hotel at a Glance: Hotel Solarena, BW Premier Collection
Formerly known as Best Western Plus Newport Beach Inn, Hotel Solarena is a part of the BW Premier Collection. This recently renovated hotel is across the street from Newport Beach and a half mile from the world-famous Huntington Beach, where one of the country’s largest annual surfing contests—the US Open of Surfing—takes place. Just 5 miles to the east, designer shops, including Louis Vuitton, line the open-air plazas and walkways of Fashion Island.
- Hop on a bike and cruise along the beach or to nearby shopping and dining spots.
- Make a splash in the hotel’s outdoor pool.
- Continental grab and go breakfast are available every morning
- Catalina Island is a short ferry ride away; here you’ll find unspoiled beaches and waterfront seafood restaurants.
- Park life: Sunset Park and Marina Park are both less than 2 miles from the property.
- Nearest beach is merely a 2-minute walk away.
- Recreational activities such as putting green with 5 holes and giant games are available onsite.
- Beach equipment, such as beach chairs, umbrellas, sand toys, and beach towels is included with the resort fee.
Newport Beach, California: Beachside Town with Harbor in Orange County
Newport Beach is a popular Orange County destination whose 10-mile stretch of Pacific coastline is a haven for surfers and swimmers. At Newport Harbor, you’ll see rowboats and sailboats moored alongside luxury yachts. If you don’t have a boat of your own, catch a ferry to manmade Balboa Island, which boasts small boutiques, ice-cream parlors, and amusement-park rides. Keep your eyes peeled for familiar sights while you’re there; the beach was prominently featured in the television series Arrested Development.
Nature lovers will want to explore the area’s tide pools and forests, such as those found at Little Corona at Corona del Mar State Beach. At Upper Newport Bay Nature Preserve, you might spot brown pelicans and peregrine falcons wading through wetlands. Hikers and scuba divers flock to Crystal Cove State Park for woodland trails and offshore dive sites.
- One king bed
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 2
- Two queen beds
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 4
- Adding occupants above standard: $10 per night for each additional guest 12 or older; kids 11 or younger stay free
- Check in: 4 p.m.
- Check out: 11 a.m.
- $15 resort fee includes: grab and go breakfast, wifi, parking, 1-hour bike rental for two per stay, beach equipment, including beach chairs, umbrellas, sand toys, and beach towels, and beverage service by the pool (water, ice tea, and lemonade).
- Parking: one car allowed per reservation; parking included in resort fee
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property.
- Pet policy: pets are not allowed inside the property.
- Accessibility: please contact property for handicap-accessibility requests or options.
- Room upgrades: upgrades may be available by calling the property or at check-in for an additional cost.
- Rate does not qualify for Best Western Rewards
- Grab and go breakfast (included in the resort fee)
- Free WiFi
- Heated outdoor pool
- Fitness center
- Concierge services
- Poolside service and towels
- Parking (included in the resort fee)
The Fine Print
- 48-hour cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable
- No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- No refunds will be processed by Groupon after check-in
- Must be 18+ to check in
- Credit card required at check-in
- $15 daily resort fee plus tax paid at check-in
- $100 credit card or $200 cash security deposit paid at check-in
- Rates may vary by date and are subject to availability
- Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Hotel Solarena, BW Premier Collection
- Nearest airports: John Wayne Airport (SNA; 7 mi) and Los Angeles International Airport (LAX; 42 mi)
- Cab fare: about $35 from SNA, including a 15% tip
- Distance from Los Angeles: about 45 miles