Hotel at a Glance: Hotel Urbano
Decked out with bold colors and mod-style furniture, the chic Hotel Urbano fits right in amid the art galleries and hip boutiques of Miami’s stylish Brickell neighborhood. In fact, the hotel has its own gallery, adorned with contemporary works by Cuban artists. After touring the gallery, you can lounge on canary-yellow button-back couches in the lobby, or step outside to hang out next to a blazing fire pit in one of the poolside cabanas.
- Room with a view: Stylish guest rooms look out on Brickell’s sleek cityscape.
- Breakfast bonus: Wake up and try the bistro’s signature three-egg omelets, which are made to order. Breakfast is included with this deal.
- Dine al fresco: The onsite restaurant, Bistro Urbano, serves up savory tacos and refreshing cocktails.
- Two-hour happy hour takes place Monday–Friday from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Awesome ambiance: Candles lend an air of tranquility to the outdoor pool and sun deck after dark.
- Recent recognition: The hotel received a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence in 2014.
Miami’s Brickell Neighborhood: Upscale Shops and Restaurants in Thriving Financial District
Bustling professionals en route to their offices set the pace in Brickell, where glittering commercial high-rises share the skyline with upscale condo buildings. Boutique spas and high-end restaurants stay busy throughout the day, but the scene really picks up around happy hour. To the north, causeways connect the neighborhood to Miami’s South Beach.
Sometimes called the “Manhattan of the South” for its high concentration of banks, Brickell has long served as Miami’s financial district. In recent years, however, the area has seen a boom in luxury residences, and gourmet restaurants and posh boutiques followed in their wake. You’ll find these new storefronts on the area’s two main thoroughfares—Brickell and Miami Avenues—which are also home to eclectic art galleries, wine-tasting rooms, and chic bakeries. At night, an array of stylish clubs and VIP lounges offers everything from live blues music to DJ-dropped electronic beats.