What You Get
View local health guidelines for travel here
- Stay for two in a room with two double beds
- Up to two kids 17 or younger stay free
Hotel at a Glance: Howard Johnson by Wyndham Ocean City Oceanfront
Howard Johnson by Wyndham Ocean City Oceanfront overlooks the Ocean City boardwalk, just steps from Jolly Roger Amusement Park’s Splash Mountain. Here, you can shoot down the 45-foot-tall half-pipe slide, hitch a ride down the lazy river, or careen through the pitch-black Black Hole slides.
- Grab a bite in the coffee shop that serves breakfast and lunch.
- Go for a swim in the hotel’s outdoor pool.
- In-room amenities: Each guest room features a flat-screen TV and coffee/tea maker.
- A day trip away from Washington, DC; Baltimore; and Cape May, New Jersey
- Nearby attractions: The Ocean City boardwalk, several golf courses, and Berlin, Maryland winner of Budget Travel’s 9th annual America’s Coolest Small Town contest.
- Direct beach access: From this hotel’s doors, it’s only a short trek to the public beach.
- Received Best of the Best award from Howard Johnson for 2021
Ocean City, Maryland: Family-Friendly Boardwalk next to the Atlantic
Along Ocean City’s century-old boardwalk, you can savor wild-caught blue crab, play old-fashioned arcade games, and watch candy makers spin colorful saltwater taffy. The lively boardwalk, which stretches for 3 miles along Maryland’s eastern shore, helped earn Ocean City a spot on USA Today’s list of the “10 great places to have some fun on a boardwalk”. Kids can ride a feris wheel, roller coaster, and other amusements at Jolly Roger at the Pier.
Assateague Island National Seashore—a 37-mile stretch of salt marshes running from Ocean City down to Virginia—offers a peaceful reprieve from the boardwalk’s constant activity. The island’s famous wild horses gallop on the shores, and you can can climb up a vintage, candy-striped lighthouse, or hike the seaside forests to spot birds, including great horned owls, ruby-crowned kinglets, and great blue herons.
Partial Ocean-View With Two-Double Beds
- Room with two double beds and sofabed
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 6
- Adding occupants above standard: $10 per night for each additional guest 18 or older; kids 17 or younger stay free
- Check in: 4 p.m.
- Check out: 11 a.m.
- Parking: free
- Smoking policy: No smoking in rooms or on balconies. There are designated smoking areas.
- Pet policy: Dogs up to 50 lbs. are accepted and there is an additional $100 non-refundable pet fee.
- Accessibility: please contact property for handicap-accessibility requests or options.
- Room upgrades: upgrades may be available at check-in for an additional cost. Oceanfront view is not guaranteed.
- Direct beach access
- Outdoor pool
- Pool bar
- Coffee shop with breakfast and lunch items
- Complimentary parking
- Complimentary newspaper and hot beverages
- Complimentary WiFi
- 24-hour reception desk
- In-room coffee/tea maker
- Flat-screen TV
- Cribs, and rollaway beds available
- 4-day cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable
- No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- No refunds will be processed by Groupon after check-in
- Must be 18+ to check in
- Credit card required at check-in
- Rates may vary by date and are subject to availability
- Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased
- Final price at checkout may include an additional Groupon service fee, which Groupon retains as compensation for facilitating your reservation; this fee will not exceed 5% of the nightly cost of the reservation.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
- Learn about Strike-Through Pricing and Savings
About Howard Johnson by Wyndham Ocean City Oceanfront
- Nearest airports: Salisbury – Ocean City: Wicomico Regional Airport (SBY; 30 mi) and Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport (BWI; 132 mi)
- Distance from Baltimore: 140 miles