Top Reasons to Stay at Howard Johnson Plaza Tampa Downtown
- Named the Howard Johnson Property of the Year in 2011, the hotel is located in the heart of downtown Tampa, right along the banks of the scenic Hillsborough River.
- Spacious rooms feature views of downtown or the river, cable TV with HBO, and free WiFi.
- A complimentary transportation service takes guests anywhere within 2 miles of the hotel.
- You can pop into WaterWorks Bar & Grill for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
- The outdoor pool provides a nice spot to soak up some rays.
Tampa, Florida: Sunny Days, Beaches, and Busch Gardens
Ranked America’s No. 5 best city for the outdoors by Forbes, Tampa is often unfairly overlooked by vacationers headed to Florida. Located 90 miles southwest of Orlando, Tampa enjoys sunny days two-thirds of the year. Locals make the most of the weather by hanging out in more than 165 city parks and on beaches that span some 2,200 acres. Roller coasters and exotic animals share real estate at Busch Gardens Tampa Bay, a 335-acre theme park in northeast Tampa designed to evoke the thrills of an African safari. Like a big cat sprinting after its prey, Cheetah Hunt—the park’s newest roller coaster—can reach speeds of up to 60 miles per hour.