Quiet Getaway in Secluded Baltimore County Community
At the foot of a cobbled path, neatly groomed evergreens nuzzle a gabled roof set against a backdrop of quiet Maryland countryside. In the lobby of Hunt Valley Inn, a Wyndham Affiliate, a rustic sensibility blends with modern touches: wooden beams line a ceiling accented by lanterns, and a fireplace roars near stylish couches.
In guest rooms, light spills from floor-to-ceiling windows, illuminating pillow-top mattresses dressed in plush linens and pillows. Cardio equipment and free weights line the onsite fitness room, which is accessible by flashing a guest-room key card or shouting last week’s winning lottery numbers. The Cinnamon Tree restaurant helps fuel early-morning workouts or sightseeing excursions with hot, fresh fare. After a long day out, guests can relax in the indoor-outdoor pool.
Highlights of Hunt Valley, Maryland
- Off the beaten path: Hunt Valley does not appear on most maps; the unincorporated town provides a quiet escape from nearby Baltimore
- Oregon Ridge Nature Center hosts events including maple-syrup weekends, honey-harvest festivals, music in the woods, and full-moon hikes.
- Year-round fun: The Maryland State Fairgrounds stage events such as motorcycle races, robotics conventions, and car shows in addition to the annual state celebration.
- Baltimore’s Inner Harbor—crisscrossed by convenient water taxis—bustles with cultural and historical attractions. The city’s trademark crab cakes are served at many restaurants along the water.
- Under the sea: The National Aquarium houses 16,000 specimens.