Hotel at a Glance: Hyatt Place Dallas/Garland
This Hyatt Place hotel is about 25 miles from downtown Dallas, yet it has some notable attractions in its immediate vicinity. A three-minute drive gets you to the shopping haven of Firewheel Town Center, and Hawaiian Falls water park is just 1 mile away.
- Complimentary breakfast with selections such as waffles, pancakes, breakfast sandwiches, oatmeal, cereal, fruit, and yogurt
- Coffee to Cocktails Bar offering Starbucks coffee, mojitos, piña coladas, and craft beers
- Order a bacon-and-cheddar burger or other item from the 24/7 Gallery menu any time, day or night.
- In-room amenities include mini fridges, 42-inch high-definition TVs, and free WiFi.
- Shops at Firewheel: Express, DSW, Fossil, Macy's, Foot Locker, Victoria's Secret, Ulta, Barnes & Noble, and more
Greater Dallas: Family-Friendly Cultural Hub in North Texas
Garland is about a 30-minute drive from downtown Dallas, the famous home of the Dallas Cowboys—also known as "America's Team." But Dallas is also an enclave of arts and nature: it overflows with botanical gardens, art galleries, and live theater. Its distinctive Texas identity spills over into a region known as the Dallas–Fort Worth Metroplex, of which Garland is a part. The Metroplex is the economic and cultural center of North Texas, with a population well over 6 million.
In Dallas's historic West End district, you’ll find horse-drawn carriages clopping along brick streets. This part of the city also contains Dealey Plaza, where President Kennedy was assassinated in November 1963. At The Sixth Floor Museum at Dealey Plaza, housed in the former Texas School Book Depository, you can visit the spot where Lee Harvey Oswald is believed to have shot at Kennedy’s presidential motorcade.
Garland itself is home to a handful of attractions. The Hawaiian Falls water park has a wave pool, a lazy river, and steep water slides to help you cool off in summer. Nearby Firewheel Town Center has more than 100 retail stores and an 18-screen movie theater.