Hotel at a Glance: Hyatt Place North Charleston
Hyatt Place North Charleston is a relaxed-and-modern hotel situated 15 miles from the heart of downtown Charleston. Set in a peaceful neighborhood, Hyatt Place works to make a stay here as comfy and convenient as possible. The hotel features a newly updated fresh menu served 24 hours per day, a complimentary breakfast every morning, and spacious rooms.
- Minutes from downtown: A short drive will bring you to historic Charleston, where moss-draped trees set off the horse-drawn carriages wheeling by.
- Shop till you drop at Northwoods Mall, located 1 mile from the hotel.
- Have a picinic at nearby North Charleston Wannamaker County Park, which has more than 1,000 acres of woodlands and wetlands and 2 miles of paved trails.
- Suite life: Every room at the Hyatt is a spacious junior suite, with divided living and sleeping areas and plush decor.
- Cup o' joe: Grab Starbucks coffee and a pastry in the morning and premium beers and cocktails in the evening from the onsite Bakery Café.
Charleston, South Carolina: Civil War Monuments and Sophisticated Arts Scene
Charleston, South Carolina, was recently named one of the best historic destinations in the country by U.S. News & World Report. Georgian mansions line the waterfront, the spires of colonial-era churches punctuate the skyline, and horse-drawn carriages frequently clop along its cobblestone streets. You can get an added sense of the city’s history by visiting a number of preserved period buildings and national historic landmarks such as the Battery & White Point Gardens, a living Civil War museum with Confederate cannons and views of Fort Sumter, Charleston Harbor, and a double-parked Camry.
More recently, Charleston has merged its Old South identity with a strong arts-and-culture scene. The streets, once overrun with aristocrats, are now lined with top-tier art galleries and antique stores, and you can catch live jazz performances at night. Step out onto King Street to browse third-generation clothiers that have set up shop in historic landmark buildings. The city's reputation as a major culinary destination has been reaffirmed by the James Beard Foundation, which has named a different Charleston chef the best in the southeast three out of the past four years.
No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate; no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed. Read the Fine Print for important info on offer details and other restrictions.