Hotel at a Glance: Hyatt Place Tampa Airport/Westshore
The Hyatt Place Tampa Airport/Westshore hotel is situated in Northwest Tampa, offering easy access to the shores of Old Tampa Bay and Hillsborough Bay. Before enjoying Florida’s famous sunshine, get the day started with a breakfast featuring items such as egg-white sandwiches, hearty oatmeal, and Starbucks coffee.
- Hyatt Plug Panel: Connect your laptop and other devices to your guest room’s 42-inch flat-screen TV.
- Lunch, dinner, and midnight snacks are served in the onsite cafe. Choose from mushroom and swiss burgers, barbecue chicken flatbreads, nachos, and other American dishes.
- Fit in a workout at any time of day in the 24-hour fitness center, which is equipped with Life Fitness cardio equipment.
- Indulge in a Starbucks latte or mocha at the onsite bakery, which also serves fresh pastries, premium beer, wine, and cocktails.
- What to do: Take the complimentary shuttle to popular Tampa attractions such as the Bay Street shopping mall (less than a mile away) or Hogan’s Beach (3 miles). The Florida Aquarium and Busch Gardens are also nearby.
- Notable award: 2014 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence
Tampa, Florida: Sunny Days, Beaches, and Busch Gardens
Given that Tampa has more than 15 white-sand beaches and nearly 250 sunny days a year, it should come as no surprise that Forbes magazine ranked it the fifth best city in America for enjoying the outdoors. Set on the Gulf Coast, about 90 miles southwest of Orlando, the city offers abundant green spaces as well as year-round opportunities for fishing, surfing, and golfing on waterfront courses.
Roller coasters and exotic animals share real estate at Busch Gardens Tampa, a theme park designed to evoke the thrills of an African safari. Like a big cat sprinting after its prey, Cheetah Hunt—one of the park’s newer thrill rides—reaches speeds of up to 60 miles per hour. Back on solid ground, you can get up close and personal with more than 2,000 animals living in detailed replicas of their natural habitats.
The nearby Courtney Campbell Causeway provides easy access to Clearwater Beach and St. Petersburg, picturesque towns located on the peninsula between Tampa Bay and the Gulf of Mexico. They’re known for their festive seafood restaurants, as well as outdoor attractions such as dolphin-watching cruises and nature preserves. For shopping, head to Tampa’s International Plaza and Bay Street, home to luxury retailers such as Burberry and Tory Burch.