Hotel at a Glance: Inn at Boynton Beach
There’s lots of sand in and near the town of Boynton Beach, and this recently renovated hotel right off I-95 makes an ideal jumping-off point for exploring all the area’s best beaches. It features updated rooms, tropical landscaping, and an area for picnics and barbecues.
- Where you’ll stay: Guest rooms feature complimentary WiFi and flat-screen LCD TVs.
- Distance from Oceanfront Park beach: 1 mile
- Palm Beach shopping and nightlife are just 20 minutes away.
- Good morning, sunshine: Your day begins with a free hot breakfast buffet.
- Dive in to the large outdoor pool or lounge in a sun chair to soak up the warm Florida rays.
- Work up a sweat in the revamped fitness center.
Palm Beach, Florida: Upscale Beach Town North of Boca Raton
Palm Beach has long been a favored retreat for America’s rich and famous—the Kennedys, Trumps, and Rockefellers have all spent winters here. The warm weather, gorgeous beaches, and golf courses are a surefire cure for the winter blues, and they don’t hurt in summer either. Midtown Beach, a kid-friendly stretch of golden sand surrounded by glitzy estates, is an ideal spot for building a tan or a sandcastle.
Just across the Intracoastal Waterway lies lively West Palm Beach, home to CityPlace, a stylish outdoor mall. If shopping’s not your scene, revisit the Gilded Age at the Flagler Museum, a Beaux-Arts mansion built by Standard Oil founder Henry Flagler in 1902. You can walk through opulent halls, parlors, and ballrooms on a guided tour or stop for afternoon tea in the glassed-in pavilion.