Top Reasons to Stay at Inn at Cannon Beach
- Set on Oregon’s scenic northern coast, this lodge-style hotel is within walking distance of beautiful soft-sand beaches.
- Guest rooms feature gas fireplaces, microwaves, small refrigerators, coffeemakers, flat-screen TVs, and coastal decor.
- Every morning, a light complimentary breakfast buffet includes yogurt, bagels, fresh fruit, and cereal. You’ll find family-friendly restaurants minutes away in downtown Cannon Beach.
- Stop in at Tom’s Fish and Chips to use your $20 dining credit on salmon, clam chowder, and other tasty seafood.
- Back at the hotel, enjoy views of the property’s lush flower gardens and courtyard pond.
Cannon Beach, Oregon: Quaint Coastal Hamlet Abounding with Outdoor Pursuits
Tucked between Highway 101 and the Pacific Ocean, Cannon Beach got its name from the wreckage of a 19th-century schooner—including a small cannon—that washed ashore there. Thanks to its laid-back atmosphere, the town attracted a small colony of artists in the early years. To this day, you’ll find a number of local galleries alongside the charming, cedar-shingled boutiques and wine bars.
The town’s greatest draw is its natural grandeur. Travel + Leisure magazine once named it one of its favorite family beaches, praising the shore’s powdery sand and calm waters. Paying a visit to Haystack Rock is a must, and nearby Ecola State Park offers a panoramic view of the Oregon coast. Here, hikers navigate forest trails once traversed by members of the Lewis and Clark expedition, passing through towering sitka spruces, douglas firs, and western hemlock and pausing at ocean overlooks to watch migrating gray whales in the distance.