What You Get
View local health guidelines for travel here
- Stay for two in a standard room, garden-view room, or bay-view room
Hotel at a Glance: Inn at Morro Bay
In 1542, Portuguese explorer Juan Rodríguez Cabrillo came upon an enormous rock standing in a bay off the coast of what is now California. He named it Morro Rock, and it still stands there today. You can see it from the Inn at Morro Bay, an upscale, Cape Cod–style building with sweeping shoreline views. Located within the boundaries of the 4,000-acre Morro Bay State Park, the inn occupies a secluded spot dotted with beautiful trees.
- Take a dip in the curvy outdoor pool (seasonal).
- Guest rooms feature bay or garden views.
- Tee off at the nearby 18-hole golf course.
Morro Bay, California: Coastal City with Rare Birds and Wineries
Located almost exactly midway between San Francisco and Los Angeles, Morro Bay is a little coastal town in central California known for its natural beauty. Morro Bay State Park is a popular spot for sailing, hiking, and, especially, bird watching. Rare birds that live or pass through here include pipits, albatrosses, pelicans, falcons, and auks. Catch these and other breathtaking coastal sights with a drive along the nearby Pacific Coast Highway, a designated All-American Road that snakes along the outcroppings and beaches of California’s shoreline.
The area is also home to a number of wineries, nearly all of which offer tastings and tours. For a quick road trip, drive 30 miles north to Hearst Castle, the opulent, 90,000-square-foot estate built for publishing magnate William Randolph Hearst. Guided tours cover the highlights of the home, which has 56 bedrooms, 61 bathrooms, two pools, and extensive gardens.
Standard Room, Garden-View Room, and Bay-View Room
- One king bed or two double beds
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 2 (king bed), 4 (double beds)
- Adding occupants above standard: $10 per night for each additional guest 18 or older; kids 17 or younger stay free
- Bedding type not confirmed
- Check in: 4 p.m.
- Check out: 11 a.m.
- Parking: free
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property.
- Pet policy: please contact property for pet restrictions and fees.
- Accessibility: please contact property for handicap-accessibility requests or options.
- Room upgrades: not available.
- Outdoor seasonal heated pool and hot tub
- Complimentary WiFi
- Free parking
The Fine Print
- 4-day cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable
- No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- No refunds will be processed by Groupon after check-in
- Must be 18+ to check in
- Credit card required at check-in
- Rates may vary by date and are subject to availability
- Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Inn at Morro Bay
- Nearest airport: San Luis Obispo County Regional Airport (SBP; 20 miles)
- Distance from Bakersfield, CA: about 138 miles