Hotel At a Glance: Inn at Swan River
With its red siding, black shutters, and white bannisters, The Inn at Swan River has the charm of a country house. This Cape Cod inn is set in the middle of the historic village of West Dennis, close to several beaches, shopping, and restaurants. Rooms here continue the red and white motif.
- Walk to the water: The Inn at Swan River is a quarter-mile from its namesake, Swan River, where canoeing, biking, and kayaking are popular.
- Take a day trip to the islands of Nantucket and Martha's Vineyard—the ferry port is 8 miles away, and the eclectic Provincetown is an hour's drive northeast.
- Cape Cod's beaches are anywhere from 1.5–3 miles away; enjoy the warm water and white sand of Nantucket Sound
- A big backyard behind the inn features a patio with a fire pit and ample seating, along with wooded grounds you can walk through.
- Family-friendly: There's a playground across the street, as well as two barbecue grills in the backyard if you want to cook a big family feast.
Highlights of West Dennis, Massachusetts
- Quaint Cape Cod village home to just 2,500 people year-round (but, like all Cape Cod towns, there's a boom in the summertime).
- Near dozens of beaches known for their white sand
- 15-minute drive from Hyannis, where you can ride an amphibious Duckmobile around downtown, past a lighthouse, and to the site where J.F.K. gave his acceptance speech.
- An hour from famous Provincetown, an eclectic arts community with pedestrian-friendly streets that lead to galleries, handicraft stores, and colorful cafes.