What You Get
View local health guidelines for travel here
- Stay for four in a pool-view double-queen room or gulf front double-queen room
$19 Daily Resort Fee Includes
- Pool towels
- High speed Internet
Hotel at a Glance: The Island Beachside Resort on Florida’s Emerald Coast
When you want to go swimming, you have a tough choice: On one side of this sprawling resort, you can wade into the balmy Gulf of Mexico; on the other side, there’s the inviting outdoor pool. Young ones get a bonus pick—they can play in a whimsical splash garden, adorned with spouting fountains and faux dolphins.
- Family-friendly guest rooms featuring free WiFi and flat-screen TVs; select rooms look out onto the Gulf of Mexico or the grotto pool.
- Sip cocktails out of coconuts at the beachfront bar, which is open seasonally. Guests can grab drinks at the lobby bar year-round.
- Close to the hotel: local gift shops and restaurants on the Destin Harbor Boardwalk are nearby or opt for a more adventurous excursion like charter fishing or a dolphin cruise.
- Direct beach access: From this hotel’s doors, it’s only a short trek to the public beach.
Fort Walton Beach, Florida: White-Sand Beaches and Ancient History
A part of Florida’s Emerald Coast, Fort Walton Beach is home to miles of beautiful white-sand beaches. It’s said to have the region’s whitest and cleanest sand; the uniformly oval shape of each grain causes a slight squeak when walked upon. Visitors to Fort Walton Beach can also expect to find championship golf courses and plentiful shopping in the Uptown shopping district.
Though the area’s earliest permanent European settlers didn’t arrive until 1821, Native American history here dates back 14,000 years. This history is documented at the Indian Temple Mound Museum, which features more than 1,000 artifacts of shell, bone, and clay, as well as one of the country’s best collections of prehistoric ceramics. The Heritage Park & Cultural Center, which includes the Indian Temple Mound Museum, also covers the history of pirates, the American Civil War, and early settlers.
Pool-View Double-Queen Room and Gulf Front Double-Queen Room
- Two queen beds
- Standard occupancy: 4
- Maximum occupancy: 4
- Check in: 4 p.m.
- Check out: 11 a.m.
- $19 resort fee includes:
- Pool towels
- High speed Internet
- Parking: included in resort fee.
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property.
- Pet policy: pets are not allowed inside the property.
- Accessibility: please contact property for handicap accessibility requests or options.
- Room upgrades: upgrades may be available during booking or at check-in for an additional cost.
- Restaurant and bar
- Outdoor pool and splash area
- Outdoor hot tub
- Fitness center
- Complimentary WiFi
- Direct beach access
- 48-hour cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable
- No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- No refunds will be processed by Groupon after check-in
- Must be 21+ to check in
- Credit card required at check-in
- $19 plus tax daily resort fee added at purchase
- Rates may vary by date and are subject to availability
- Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About The Island Ft Walton Destin by Hotel RL
- Nearest airport: Destin-Fort Walton Beach Airport (VPS, 11 mi)
- Distance from Pensacola: 42 miles
- Cab fare: about $20 from VPS