What You Get
- Stay for up to four in a hut room or desert room
- $100 arcade credit per stay at Big Game Room Arcade
- Dates into December
Policies and Fees
- Reservations: Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased.
- Cancellation policy: 4-day cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable.
- Additional fees: $19.99 daily resort fee plus tax added at purchase.
- Rates may vary by date and are subject to availability.
No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate; no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed.
Hotel at a Glance: Kalahari Resorts
Boasting more than 15 water rides and attractions spread across 173,000 square feet of aquatic fun, the indoor water park at Kalahari Resorts is among America’s largest. You could spend all day working your way through the various slides and splash zones; rides range from high-banked, high-speed turns on the Zip Coaster to the “whirling vortex of fun” at the Tanzanian Twister.
- Included in your Groupon: a $100 credit per stay at Big Game Room Arcade, which has video and redemption games.
- Numerous onsite dining options: Try tropical cocktails and casual fare at Ivory Coast Restaurant or pick out toppings at Pizza Pub.
- Family activities: When you’re not at the water park, you can play black-light mini golf and mini bowling.
- Splash around in the wave pool.
- Where to relax: Spa Kalahari specializes in rejuvenating massages and body treatments.
Sandusky, Ohio: Family-Friendly Town with Amusement Parks Along Lake Erie
The town of Sandusky lies on the shores of Lake Erie, about midway between Cleveland and Toledo. It’s a family-friendly destination with a slew of theme parks and scenic coastal islands. Cedar Point, open May through October, is one of the oldest amusement parks in the United States and a must-do for thrill seekers. The park’s Millennium Force roller coaster set records as the tallest and fastest in the world when it was introduced in 2000. More recently, the GateKeeper scooped up seven world records when it opened in 2013, including the “longest drop on a wing coaster.”
If you prefer a slower pace, visit Sandusky’s former post office, which has been transformed into the Merry-Go-Round Museum. The grand building is full of antique carousels of all shapes and sizes, restored to their original splendor; it’s also rumored to house a couple of ghosts. More spooky fun awaits at Ghostly Manor Thrill Center, which features a haunted house, a roller rink, a 4D theater, black-light mini golf, and bounce houses.
- Two queen beds
- Standard occupancy: 4
- Maximum occupancy: 4
- Two queen beds and one sofa bed
- Standard occupancy: 4
- Maximum occupancy: 6
- Adding occupants above standard: $25 per night for each additional guest 3 or older; kids 2 or younger stay free. Additional occupants also receive waterpark admission.
- Check in: 4 p.m.
- Check out: 11 a.m.
- $19.99 resort fee includes: water-park access, WiFi, parking, in-room safe and coffee, daily newspaper, local and toll-free calls, fitness center, towel service in water park, business center
- Parking: included in resort fee
- Rollaways: available for $12 per day
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property
- Pet policy: pets are not allowed inside the property.
- Accessibility: please contact property for handicap accessibility requests or options.
- Room upgrades: upgrades may be available by calling the property or at check-in for an additional cost.
- 173,000-square-foot indoor water park
- Indoor glow mini-golf course
- Indoor playground
- Animal park
- Several restaurants, cafes, and snack stands
- Full-service salon and spa
- Complimentary WiFi
- Fitness center
The Fine Print
- Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased
- 4-day cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable
- No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- No refunds will be processed by Groupon after check-in
- Must be 18 or older to check in
- Credit card required at check-in
- $19.99 daily resort fee plus tax added at purchase.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Kalahari Resorts
- Nearest airport: Cleveland Hopkins International Airport (CLE; 50 miles)
- Distance from Cleveland: 59 miles
- Shuttle information: an airport shuttle is available; call Kalahari’s concierge at (419) 433-7200, ext. 34089 for scheduling and pricing.