Keystone Mountain’s hiking trails and horseback riding are just around the corner from this 4-star resort near a scenic lake
About This Deal
Mountain Lodge at Keystone Resort
Nestled among three peaks in the Rocky Mountains, Keystone is a mecca for skiers in Colorado. When the snow melts, hikers and mountain bikers replace skiers on Keystone Mountain’s famed trails, where they find both steep and gentle tree-lined paths. The 4-star Keystone Lodge & Spa is part of the activity-packed Keystone Resort. Summer activities at Keystone include standup paddleboarding, horseback riding, fly-fishing, tennis, championship golf, and miniature golf.
- Spacious accommodations include complimentary valet parking and WiFi, plus views of either the mountains or the Snake River.
- Bighorn Bistro & Bar serves up roasted lamb loin and venison chops, made with locally sourced ingredients, amid beautiful views of the Keystone Lake.
- Outdoor heated pool is open year-round
- An expansive spa boasts a eucalyptus steam room, indoor and outdoor hot tubs, eclectic menu of treatments, and a luxurious relaxation room. Only organic and sustainable products are used in the spa’s treatments.
- Plan a ski trip: Keystone is famous for its slopes, and this deal has booking dates well into ski season.
- Play for Free summer and winter package These packages include a yoga class, and one hour of court time at Keystone Tennis Center. The summer package includes a free nine holes of golf after 4 p.m. on day of arrival, a free scenic chairlift ride for kids ages 12 and under, and free guided hikes, while the winter package includes free Nordic trail access, free ice rink admission, a free night of arrival skiing after 4 p.m. on day of arrival (valid only during normal night ski operations). Kids 12 and under ski free with two or more nights’ stay.
Keystone, Colorado: Upscale Resort Town near Mountains and Alpine Lakes
Located about 75 miles west of Denver, the resort town of Keystone is lined with four-star restaurants and high-end shops, but Keystone Mountain is the town’s focal point. Two gondolas are among the 20 lifts that scale up Keystone Mountain, which transforms into a scenic park for biking, horseback riding, and guided hikes once the summer begins. Take the gondola to Adventure Point at top of the mountain to tube-slide down a snowy hill that stays slushy well into the summer. The area also features two championship golf courses that stretch past pristine lakes, meadows, and the Snake River.
Less than 10 miles west of town lies the Dillon Reservoir, a lake spanning more than 3,000 acres that now covers the original site of the town of Dillon. Here, you can spend a day canoeing, windsurfing, or fly-fishing on the Blue River, which flows into the lake. To the north, the Arapaho National Forest stretches across 1.5 million acres of protected mountains and grassland laced with hiking trails.