Hotel at a Glance: King's Pointe Waterpark Resort
King's Pointe Waterpark Resort can be found in northwest Iowa, right on the shores of Storm Lake. This large, family-friendly property features an indoor and outdoor water park, a waterfront restaurant, and a miniature golf course. Throw in lake access and a private beach, and you've got all sorts of ways to enjoy a fun, water-centric getaway with the whole family.
- Water park: Numerous indoor and outdoor offerings include water playgrounds, high-speed slides, huge swimming pools, and a lazy river. This getaway comes with daily water-park passes for four.
- Lake adventures: You can rent canoes, aqua bikes, and kayaks for splashing around outside.
- Onsite Regatta Grille: Sample cinnamon French toast and omelets, steaks, burgers, and baby back ribs amid sweeping views of the water.
- Tee off at Pirate's Pointe Mini Golf Course or the 9-hole Sunrise Pointe Golf Course.
- Spacious rooms offer views of the city or the water.
Storm Lake, Iowa: Waterfront Town with Lots of Outdoor Fun
Built around one of the largest lakes in Iowa, the town of Storm Lake (population: approximately 10,000) is situated between Sioux City and Fort Dodge. It's a great destination for lovers of the outdoors. You'll find campgrounds, marinas, and lots of public parks, including Awaysis Park, which features a lake trail and lighthouse.
If you're in the mood for a little history, check out the 1874 Harker House, a stately home with an interior that's been left left almost completely intact since its construction. On a tour, you'll see 95% of the original owners' furnishings. Another site worth checking out is the Heritage Tree Museum, a unique, open-air facility showcasing a collection of historically significant trees.
What You Get
- Stay for up to four in a standard double-queen room or up to six in a double-queen family suite
- Daily water-park passes for four
- Dates into July
Policies and Fees
- Reservations: Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased.
- Cancellation policy: 48-hour cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable
- Taxes: 12% tax added at purchase
- Additional fees: $7 daily resort fee paid at check-in
- Rates may vary by date and are subject to availability.
No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate; no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed. Read the Fine Print for important info on offer details and other restrictions.
Amenities and Room Details
- Indoor water park
- Outdoor water park, opening May 24th (weather permitting)
- Onsite restaurant
- Spacious rooms
- Mini golf, opening May 3
- Live entertainment
- Watersport rental, opening May 24th (weather permitting)
- Complimentary WiFi
Standard Double-Queen Room
- Two queen beds
- Standard occupancy: 4
- Maximum occupancy: 4
Double-Queen Family Suite
- Two queen beds and one pull-out sofa sleeper
- Standard occupancy: 6
- Maximum occupancy: 6
- Check in: 4 p.m.
- Check out: 11 a.m.
- Parking: free
- Rollaways: available for an additional $15 per stay
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property
- Pet policy: pets up to 75 lbs. may be added for an additional $50 per pet per stay.
- Accessibility: please contact property for handicap accessibility requests or options.
- Room upgrades: not available
- Nearest airport: Des Moines International Airport (DSM; 160 miles)
- Distance from Des Moines: 155 miles
The Fine Print
- Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased
- 48-hour cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable
- No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- No refunds will be processed by Groupon after check-in
- Must be 21 or older to check in
- Credit card required at check-in
- Not valid with reward points
- $7 daily resort fee paid at check-in and 12% tax added at purchase.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.