Hotel at a Glance: King's Pointe Waterpark Resort
King's Pointe Waterpark Resort can be found in northwest Iowa, right on the shores of Storm Lake. This large, family-friendly property features an indoor and outdoor water park, a waterfront restaurant, and a miniature golf course. Throw in lake access and a private beach, and you've got all sorts of ways to enjoy a fun, water-centric getaway with the whole family.
- Water park: Numerous indoor and outdoor offerings include water playgrounds, high-speed slides, huge swimming pools, and a lazy river. This getaway comes with daily water-park passes for four.
- Lake adventures: You can rent canoes, aqua bikes, and kayaks for splashing around outside.
- Onsite Regatta Grille: Sample cinnamon French toast and omelets, steaks, burgers, and baby back ribs amid sweeping views of the water.
- Tee off at Pirate's Pointe Mini Golf Course or the 9-hole Sunrise Pointe Golf Course.
- Spacious rooms offer views of the city or the water.
Storm Lake, Iowa: Waterfront Town with Lots of Outdoor Fun
Built around one of the largest lakes in Iowa, the town of Storm Lake (population: approximately 10,000) is situated between Sioux City and Fort Dodge. It's a great destination for lovers of the outdoors. You'll find campgrounds, marinas, and lots of public parks, including Awaysis Park, which features a lake trail and lighthouse.
If you're in the mood for a little history, check out the 1874 Harker House, a stately home with an interior that's been left left almost completely intact since its construction. On a tour, you'll see 95% of the original owners' furnishings. Another site worth checking out is the Heritage Tree Museum, a unique, open-air facility showcasing a collection of historically significant trees.