What You Get
View local health guidelines for travel here
- Stay for two in a Studio Efficiency
$16.95 Daily Resort Fee Includes
- Pool and fitness room access
- In-room coffee/tea maker
- Free nationwide calls as cell phone reception is limited
Inn at a Glance: Kohl’s Ranch Lodge
Central Arizona’s seemingly endless stretches of rugged terrain sparked creativity in writer Zane Grey. The scenery served as his inspiration for 64 novels and more than 300 short stories, culminating in the Western classic Riders of the Purple Sage. Grey lived near Payson, Arizona where Kohl’s Ranch Lodge now sits. There’s a rugged cowboy feel to the lodge-style accommodations, which also include modern touches such as free WiFi, cable TV, and partial kitchens.
- Eat well at the onsite Zane Grey Country Barbecue & Great Pizza, where you can grab burgers or try the famous peach cobbler. Closed Monday & Tuesday. Open Wednesday-Friday 11a-8pm Open Saturday & Sunday 8am-8pm.
- Break a sweat at the onsite exercise room, equipped with cardio machines and free weights.
- Outdoor activities: boat rental, fishing, and hiking are all available nearby.
- Beat the summer heat with a dip in the outdoor pool
Payson, Arizona: Historical Western Culture on Rugged Mogollon Rim
Pine trees cover the nearly 3-million-acre Tonto National Forest, which surrounds the town of Payson in central Arizona. About 35 miles from Payson is one of the state’s most popular outdoor destinations: the Mogollon Rim, a towering cliff about 2,000 feet high that stretches for roughly 200 miles. Hundreds of miles of roads provide access to the rim’s awe-inspiring scenery, passing campsites, hiking trails, and lakes good for fishing. Black bears, bobcats, and white-tailed deer have all been spotted in the forested hills.
- One king bed
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 2
- Check in: 4 p.m.
- Check out: 10 a.m.
- $16.95 resort fee includes: pool and fitness room access, in-room coffee/tea maker, and free nationwide calls as cell phone reception is limited.
- Parking: free
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property.
- Pet policy: pets are not allowed inside the property.
- Accessibility: handicap-accessible rooms are not available.
- Room upgrades: not available
- Restaurant and lounge
- Bocce ball, basketball, and volleyball
- Movie/DVD rental
- Fitness center
- BBQ area
- Heated outdoor pool and hot tub (seasonal)
- Free WiFi
- 72-hour cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable
- No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- No refunds will be processed by Groupon after check-in
- Must be 21+ to check in
- Credit card required at check-in
- $16.95 daily resort fee plus tax paid at check-in
- $200 refundable deposit paid at check-in
- Rates may vary by date and are subject to availability
- Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Kohl's Ranch Lodge
- Nearest airport: Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX; 102 miles)
- Distance from Phoenix: about 107 miles
- Please be aware that there is limited cell service on grounds due to surroundings