Hotel at a Glance: La Quinta Hillsboro
When you stay at this award-winning hotel, you’re conveniently close to the Hillsboro’s outlet malls, museums, and fairgrounds. The latter come to life with carnivals and fairs throughout the summer. Kick-start your day with La Quinta’s signature breakfast before heading out for an event or simply exploring historic downtown Hillsboro. At the end of the day, you can return to the hotel and unwind in the outdoor hot tub.
- Pillowtop beds, free WiFi access, and 32-inch flat screen TVs help you veg out in the comfy guest rooms.
- Bright Side Breakfast: The spread includes waffles, fresh fruit, and unlimited coffee.
- Get some sun in the outdoor pool and hot tub.
- Burn calories in the fitness center, which is equipped with cardio equipment.
- Brag book: The hotel received a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence in 2014.
Hillsboro, Texas: Outlet Shops and Historic Sites
Hillsboro got its start as an important Texas trading post. Generations later, it’s still a center of commerce. People come from out of town to shop at the Outlets at HIllsboro, packed with designer stores that include Polo Ralph Lauren and Tommy Hilfiger. Downtown, the streets are lined with antique shops, secondhand stores, and quirky boutiques.
The downtown area embraces Hillsboro’s rich history as well. The Hill County Courthouse reflects the decadence of the late 19th century with Italianate and Classical Revival architectural accents. A block away is the old county jailhouse, built in 1893; it now houses the Cell Block Museum, where you can see local artifacts and tour the old jail cells and sheriff’s quarters.