Hotel at a Glance: Le Méridien Philadelphia
Le Méridien Philadelphia is an artistic hub in the heart of the city’s business district. Its LM100 team is made up of renowned photographers, chefs, filmmakers, and musicians who have inspired the hotel’s design, from the dramatic art installations to the contemporary guest rooms to the unique soundscapes. Guests of the hotel are within walking distance of arts-and-culture landmarks, including Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts.
- Historical significance: The hotel occupies a 10-story Georgian Revival–style building that once housed a YMCA.
- Classic French cuisine at the onsite Amuse bar and brasserie includes escargots, salad niçoise, and steak frites.
- Minimalist chic: Guest rooms feature a black-and-white color palette with red accents.
- Business savvy: The hotel offers meeting rooms near the Pennsylvania Convention Center.
Philadelphia’s Center City: Historic Landmarks and Museums
The historic Center City neighborhood, also known as downtown Philadelphia, dates back to the city’s founding in 1682. Today, Center City is Philadelphia’s central business district, with several skyscrapers and high-profile museums. The neighborhood is also home to Independence National Historical Park, whose high concentration of notable landmarks make it America’s most historic square mile. While you’re here, visit Independence Hall⎯birthplace of the Declaration of Independence and the United States Constitution⎯or head to the Liberty Bell Center to see the approximately 2,000-pound bell that Martha Washington famously rang to let George know when supper was ready. At the north end of the park, the National Constitution Center features a multimedia presentation on the country’s founding displayed on a 360-degree domed ceiling, as well as galleries of artifacts, including a rare copy of the Emancipation Proclamation.
The shops of Historic Antique Row are less than a mile from here. The small, locally owned shops stock everything from oriental rugs to vintage clothing. Head about 15 minutes northwest to scale the famous steps outside the Philadelphia Museum of Art, where Rocky Balboa once pumped his fists victoriously. Inside, the massive museum’s holdings range from ancient Chinese art to famous paintings from Claude Monet, Salvador Dalí, and Vincent van Gogh.
What You Get
- Stay for two in a classic king room or classic double room
- You'll find the best rates ($89) November 28-30 with low rates into December.
Policies and Fees
- Reservations: dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased
- Cancellation policy: 48-hour cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is nonrefundable
- Taxes: 15.5% tax added at purchase
No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate; no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed. Read the Fine Print for important info on offer details and other restrictions.
- By plane: about 10 miles from Philadelphia International Airport (PHL)
- By transit: Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (SEPTA) Airport Line 442, Suburban Station stop
The Fine Print
- Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased
- 48-hour cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable
- No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- No refunds will be processed by Groupon after check-in
- Must be 18 or older to check in
- Credit card required at check-in
- Not valid with reward points
- 15.5% tax added at purchase.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.