Hotel at a Glance: Ledges Hotel
Ledges Hotel is set in the Pocono Mountains, overlooking picturesque Wallenpaupack Creek. Constructed in 1890, the handsome, Federal-style building was once home to a glass factory. Nearly a century later, renovations turned the building into a contemporary hotel that incorporates modern furnishings and other elements into the original 19th-century design. Sip a cocktail at the on-site restaurant or linger on the wraparound decks to admire the view.
- Spacious rooms and suites feature 12-foot ceilings. Choose a one-bedroom suite for two stories connected by a spiral staircase, or a two-bedroom suite for a two-story accommodation with even more space.
- Dine in style at the on-site Glass (open Wednesday–Sunday), amid panoramic views of the river gorge falls.
- Local art is showcased throughout the hotel.
- Enjoy the view from the multi-tier decks, walled garden, or the great room, which has cushy couches and a fireplace.
- Driving time to New York City: about two hours
Hawley, Pennsylvania: Small-Town Charm amid Natural Splendor
Hawley is a charming little town set on the eastern border of Pennsylvania. A popular place to head on a day trip, Hawley has a quaint downtown and several notable attractions, but its main draw is its natural beauty. The town is set in the heart of the Pocono Mountains, just a few minutes away from massive Lake Wallenpaupak, a reservoir with great opportunities for boating as well as fishing for trout, bass, and walleye.
While you’re here, make sure to pay a visit to George W. Child’s Park, a much-loved local green space with hiking trails and natural waterfalls. Hawley is close to several state and national forests, including the 3,000-acre Promised Land State Park and the Upper Delaware Scenic and Recreational River.