Hotel at a Glance: Ledges Hotel
Ledges Hotel is set in the Pocono Mountains, overlooking picturesque Wallenpaupack Creek. Constructed in 1890, the handsome, Federal-style building was once home to a glass factory. Today, it boasts a modern yet rustic interior incorporating elements of the original design. Sip a cocktail at the onsite restaurant or linger on the wraparound decks to admire the view.
- Spacious rooms and suites feature 12-foot ceilings. Suites have kitchen amenities including a coffee pot, microwave oven, and small refrigerator.
- Dine in style at the Glass wine.bar.kitchen open Wednesday-Sunday, amid panoramic views of the river gorge falls.
- Local art is showcased throughout the hotel.
- Enjoy the view from the multi-tier decks, walled garden, or great room, which has cushy couches and a fireplace.
- Distance from New York City: about two hours by car
Hawley, Pennsylvania: Small Town Charm Amid Natural Splendor
Hawley is a charming little town set on the eastern border of Pennsylvania with about 1,200 year-round residents. A popular place to head on a day trip, Hawley has a quaint downtown and several notable attractions, but its main draw is its natural beauty. The town is set in the heart of the Pocono Mountains, just a few minutes away from massive Lake Wallenpaupak, a man-made reservoir that's notable for its boating as well as its trout, bass, and walleye fishing, both in summer and winter months. While in Hawley, make sure you stop at the newly reopened George W. Child's Park, a much-loved local green space with hiking trails and natural waterfalls. You'll be staying close to several state and national forests when you visit Hawley, including the 3,000-acre Promised Land State Park and the Upper Delaware Scenic and Recreational River.