Top Reasons to Stay at Legacy Vacation Resorts
- This family-friendly resort is located just 6 miles from Walt Disney World® Theme Parks.
- It’s a play-time paradise for kids, with four swimming pools, a mini-golf course, the Kids’ Splash Zone, and an activities center.
- Each hotel room accommodates up to four guests, with two double beds and a full bathroom. Spacious one-bedroom suites sleep up to four guests and feature full kitchens, living rooms, and dining areas. Two-bedroom condo-style units accommodate up to six guests.
- You can kick back with a cold beer and a light snack at Tony’s Poolside Bar. Tony’s Bar and Grill sells coffee, sandwiches, and salads.
- The area has numerous championship golf courses and premier shopping centers. At Orlando International Premium Outlets on International Drive, there are 180 designer shops including Michael Kors and BCBG Max Azria.
- Stock up on food and drinks at a grocery store less than 1 mile from the resort.
Kissimmee, Florida: Easy Access to World-Famous Theme Parks and Major Orlando Attractions
Located on the banks of Lake Tohopekaliga, Kissimmee sits about 22 miles from downtown Orlando and just 16 miles from the Walt Disney World® Theme Parks. The world’s most-visited entertainment resort spans roughly 30,000 acres, encompassing four theme parks, two water parks, five golf courses, and the Downtown Disney® Area. There’s no shortage of things to do here: begin your day at Magic Kingdom® Park by boarding Space Mountain® Attraction, a rocket-shaped three-seater that climbs to 180 feet before entering a deep black tunnel and racing past stars, satellites, and constellations. After that, ride past the ghastly goofballs inside The Haunted Mansion. For dinner, head over to Epcot® to sample cuisine from Morocco, Mexico, France, Italy, and several other countries at the World Showcase. As one of the most popular family destinations in the world, sunny Orlando is home to other theme parks including Universal Orlando Resort and SeaWorld Orlando.
Those hoping to shake up the typical theme-park-dominated itinerary can head into downtown Orlando’s vibrant arts district. The neighborhood boasts venues such as the CityArts Factory, a multifaceted patchwork of gallery spaces, and SAK Comedy Lab, which holds improv shows five nights a week.
About a 10-minute drive north, you’ll find several cultural institutions surrounding Loch Haven Park, including the Orlando Museum of Art; the collection features pieces by Georgia O’Keeffe, Robert Rauschenberg, Ansel Adams, and Andy Warhol. The park is also home to the Orlando Shakespeare Theater and the Orlando Science Center, where you can take a rover across a simulation of Mars or race model cars down a 70-foot pinewood-derby track.