Hotel at a Glance: Lighthouse Key Resort and Spa
Lighthouse Key Resort and Spa sits just 4 miles from the entrance to the Walt Disney World® Theme Parks. You can easily drive to the park or take the resort’s shuttle, which is covered by the resort fee. At the end of the day, you’ll return to a two-, three-, or four-bedroom condo with a spacious living room, kitchen, and private patio.
- In-room technology: 42-inch plasma TVs with DVD players, in-unit laundry, stainless-steel appliances, and WiFi
- Take a dip: There are two pools: a heated swimming pool and an adults-only lap pool. Once you’ve gone for a swim, relax in the hotel hot tub
- Kid-friendly amenities include a game room and 52-seat movie theater.
- Treat yourself to a massage, facial, or body wrap at the spa because all Groupon guests receive a 30% discount on any spa service.
- See the theme parks: Take the shuttle to the Walt Disney World® Theme Parks, Universal Orlando Resort, and SeaWorld Orlando.
Kissimmee, Florida: Easy Access to World-Famous Theme Parks and Major Orlando Attractions
Located on the banks of Lake Tohopekaliga, Kissimmee sits about 22 miles from downtown Orlando and just 16 miles from the Walt Disney World® Theme Parks. The world’s most-visited entertainment resort spans roughly 30,000 acres, encompassing four theme parks, two water parks, five golf courses, and the Downtown Disney® Area. There’s no shortage of things to do here: begin your day at Magic Kingdom® Park by boarding Space Mountain® Attraction, a rocket-shaped three-seater that climbs to 180 feet before entering a deep black tunnel and racing past stars, satellites, and constellations. After that, ride past the ghastly goofballs inside The Haunted Mansion. For dinner, head over to Epcot® to sample cuisine from Morocco, Mexico, France, Italy, and several other countries at the World Showcase. As one of the most popular family destinations in the world, sunny Orlando is home to other theme parks including Universal Orlando Resort and SeaWorld Orlando.
Those hoping to shake up the typical theme-park-dominated itinerary can head into downtown Orlando’s vibrant arts district. The neighborhood boasts venues such as the CityArts Factory, a multifaceted patchwork of gallery spaces, and SAK Comedy Lab, which holds improv shows five nights a week.
About a 10-minute drive north, you’ll find several cultural institutions surrounding Loch Haven Park, including the Orlando Museum of Art; the collection features pieces by Georgia O’Keeffe, Robert Rauschenberg, Ansel Adams, and Andy Warhol. The park is also home to the Orlando Shakespeare Theater and the Orlando Science Center, where you can take a rover across a simulation of Mars or race model cars down a 70-foot pinewood-derby track.