What You Get
View local health guidelines for travel here
- Stay for two in a lodge king room or cottage junior suite
- Up to two kids 12 or younger stay free in a cottage junior suite
Hotel at a Glance: Lighthouse Lodge & Cottages
Set on the tip of the Monterey Peninsula—less than 10 minutes from the city of Monterey—the Lighthouse Lodge & Cottages provides comfortable accommodations just a few blocks from the coast. The property’s namesake lighthouse has been in continuous operation for more than 150 years, making it easy to find your way home after evenings strolling the beach.
- Where you’ll stay: Spacious lodge rooms come with refrigerators, microwaves, and flat-screen televisions. Choose a cottage junior suite for a hot tub, fireplace and evening wine reception (temporarily unavailable).
- Fireside sunsets: Wind down each evening in front of a fire pit on the guest patio.
- Make a splash and catch some sun, swimming in a seasonal outdoor pool.
- Whale watching: Talk to the staff about the best way to go whale watching—you might spot gray whales, humpback whales, or dolphins, depending on the season.
Pacific Grove, California: Sleepy Coastal Town Next to Monterey
The oceanfront town of Pacific Grove shares its central California peninsula with the city of Monterey, but is far more serene than its cosmopolitan neighbor. Rows of Victorian houses line the streets, deer wander through residential areas, and thousands of butterflies congregate here during their southerly migration. Travel + Leisure named Pacific Grove one of America’s Best Little Beach Towns, noting that the beach is better suited for surfing and kayaking than swimming. Stroll the pathway that winds along the rocky shore, taking in the many native plants and bird colonies that make their homes on the 3-mile stretch.
Lodge King Room
- One king bed
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 2
Cottage Junior Suite
- One king bed and one sofa bed
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 4
- Adding occupants above standard: $10 per night for each additional guest 13 or older; kids 12 or younger stay free
- Check in: 4 p.m.
- Check out: 11 a.m.
- Parking: free
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property.
- Pet policy: please contact property for pet restrictions and fees.
- Accessibility: please contact property for handicap accessibility requests or options.
- Room upgrades: not available
- Guest patio with fire pits
- Complimentary WiFi
- Outdoor pool (seasonal)
- Microwaves, mini-fridges, and coffee makers in rooms
- Complimentary self-parking
- 4-day cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable
- No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- No refunds will be processed by Groupon after check-in
- Must be 18+ to check in
- Credit card required at check-in
- Rates may vary by date and are subject to availability
- Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
- Learn about Strike-Through Pricing and Savings
About Lighthouse Lodge & Cottages
- Nearest airport: Monterey Regional Airport (MRY; 7 mi)
- Cab fare: about $30 from MRY, including a 15% tip
- Distance from San Francisco: 121 miles