Resort at a Glance: Liki Tiki Village Resort
The family-centric Liki Tiki Village Resort complements comfortable vacation condos with a slew of kid-friendly amenities. At the onsite water park, little ones can splash in a wave pool, glide down five water slides, and watch the eruption of the water volcano. The tropically landscaped grounds also have areas where they can face off in basketball, tennis, and mini golf.
- Home away from home: Spacious one- and two-bedroom condos feature full kitchens, along with washers and dryers.
- Grab a bite: The poolside Shipwreck Sally’s Bar & Grill serves burgers, hot dogs, and sandwiches.
- Sail on the lake: The resort offers paddle-boating at the onsite lake.
- Work up a sweat in the fitness room, then wind down in one of two outdoor hot tubs.
- Perk: With this Getaway, each registered guest receives a complimentary admission to the Wild Florida wildlife park, where you can see and interact with zebras, alligators, water buffalo, emu, and other animals.
Orlando, Florida: World-Famous Theme Parks and Cultural Surprises
Located in the center of Florida, Orlando may be forever associated with the Walt Disney World® Theme Parks—the world’s most-visited entertainment resort. Spanning roughly 30,000 acres, it encompasses four theme parks, two water parks, three golf courses, and the Disney Springs Marketplace. There’s no shortage of things to do here: begin your day by boarding a rocket-shaped three-seater that climbs to 180 feet before entering a deep black tunnel and racing past stars, satellites, and constellations. Walk across the park to sample Moroccan cuisine for lunch, or ride a dune buggy through a haunted mansion. Before heading back to the hotel, take in the nightly fireworks, laser, and water show. One of the most popular family destinations in the world, sunny Orlando is also home to Universal Orlando—which includes The Wizarding World of Harry Potter—SeaWorld, and Gatorland.
Those hoping to shake up the typical theme-park-dominated itinerary can head into downtown Orlando’s vibrant arts district. The neighborhood boasts venues such as CityArts Factory, a multifaceted patchwork of gallery spaces, and SAK Comedy Lab, which hosts family-friendly improv shows five nights a week.
About a 10-minute drive north, you’ll find eight cultural institutions at Loch Haven Park, including the Orlando Museum of Art, which houses work by Georgia O’Keeffe, Robert Rauschenberg, Ansel Adams, and Andy Warhol. The park is also home to the Orlando Shakespeare Theater, the Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra, and the Orlando Science Center, where you can a rover across a simulation of Mars or race on a 70-foot pinewood derby track.