Resort at a Glance: The Lodge on the River
The Colorado River plays a starring role in the layout of The Lodge on the River—you can see it from most of the rooms, and the outdoor swimming pool is positioned right above the waterfront. Head less than a mile north of the resort for boating and jet skiing at Bullhead City’s public boat launch area. The Colorado forms a border between Arizona and Nevada; just across it lies the casino town of Laughlin.
- Room with a view: Riverfront suites have balconies and patios with great views of the water. These units also feature separate living rooms and kitchens.
- Bring your pup: Pets up to 40 pounds are allowed at the resort for an additional fee.
- Stay connected with complimentary WiFi.
- Nearby gaming: Laughlin—Nevada’s third-largest gaming destination—is just about 3 miles from the resort. Vegas is about 100 miles north.
- Points of interest: Hoover Dam (about 90 miles north) and London Bridge (about 90 miles away in Lake Havasu City)
Bullhead City, AZ: Rugged Desert Community near Laughlin Casinos
Bullhead City is located right on the Colorado River in the northwestern corner of Arizona. Despite the arid landscape around here, you can enjoy a good amount of water recreation. Just about 3 miles north of the Lodge on the River sits Lake Mohave, a long, thin reservoir with waterskiing, boating, and fishing opportunities. At Bullhead City Park’s boat launch you can set out on kayak and rafting tours.
The city of Laughlin lies 3 miles away, just across the Nevada border. The state’s third-largest gaming destination (after Las Vegas and Reno) has nine casinos and a surprisingly popular bingo scene. One of the best places to try your luck is River Palms Casino.
The legendary Route 66 snakes through the rugged desert around Bullhead City, connecting motorists to once-booming mining villages sprinkled along its path. Many of the burgs now stand as charming ghost towns where visitors can take in the Wild West atmosphere and staged gunfights.