Hotel at a Glance: Los Abrigados Resort & Spa
Located in the Red Rock foothills along the banks of Oak Creek, Los Abrigados Resort & Spa is a 22-acre property abounding with outdoor flourishes. The resort’s manicured walkways and cobblestone fountains offer a contrast to the stunning views of the arid red-rock formations that surround it. From here, you’ll be close to the artistic main streets of Sedona.
- Where you’ll stay: In a one-bedroom suite, which come with furnished partial kitchens and spacious dens filled with natural light.
- Swim laps in the outdoor heated saltwater pool, soak in the hot tub, or let the kids splash around in the children’s pool
- Stay active: Tennis courts, bocce courts, and an 18-hole mini-golf course offer laid-back diversions
- Spoke and Wheels, the onsite restaurant, features wood-fired pizzas, seared hand-cut steaks, and 20 flat-screen TVs
- Hot-stone massages and other soothing, rejuvenating treatments are available at the onsite spa
- Walk to the New Age galleries, shops, and restaurants of Sedona, where you can get a photo of your aura or have a healing reiki session in town.
Sedona, Arizona: Majestic Rock Formations and Quirky Arts Community
Surrounded by a band of red sandstone formations, Sedona boasts a breathtaking natural skyline. Head to the 3.2-mile Airport Loop hiking trail for views of famous outcroppings such as Cathedral Rock and Courthouse Butte. About 10 minutes outside of the city at Slide Rock State Park, you can barrel down a natural water slide and see a preserved turn-of-the-century homestead.
Since around the 1960s, artists have been drawn to Sedona’s majestic landscape and cubist street signs. Although the arts scene has dwindled a bit in recent years, the city’s creative spirit is still very much alive at Gallery Row, where more than 50 art shops and boutiques hawk pottery, jewelry, and metalwork.