Family-friendly hotel near Orlando’s theme parks features five pools, two basketball courts, and a mini-golf course
Hotel at a Glance: Maingate Lakeside Resort
If the kids haven’t spent all their energy scurrying around Orlando’s theme parks, then you can count on Maingate Lakeside Resort to keep them busy once you’ve gotten back to the hotel. From its spot overlooking picturesque Black Lake, this sprawling campus features such kid-friendly amenities as a mini-golf course, an arcade, and two playgrounds.
- Distance from Walt Disney World® Theme Parks: less than 2 miles
- Take the shuttle to area theme parks to avoid parking hassles.
- Take a dip in three onsite swimming pools; there are also two kids’ pools.
- Three onsite dining options include a buffet breakfast spot, a relaxed poolside grill, and a Pizza Hut Express, which can deliver fresh pizzas straight to the pool.
- Bring your pooch: The hotel is pet-friendly and there’s even a dog park on site (additional fees apply).
Kissimmee, Florida: Easy Access to World-Famous Theme Parks and Major Orlando Attractions
Located on the banks of Lake Tohopekaliga, Kissimmee sits about 22 miles from downtown Orlando and just 16 miles from the Walt Disney World® Theme Parks. The world’s most-visited entertainment resort spans roughly 30,000 acres, encompassing four theme parks, two water parks, five golf courses, and the Disney Springs® Area. There’s no shortage of things to do here: begin your day at Magic Kingdom® Park by boarding a rocket-shaped three-seater that climbs to 180 feet before entering a deep black tunnel and racing past stars, satellites, and constellations. After that, ride a dune buggy through a haunted mansion. For dinner, head over to Epcot® to sample cuisine from Morocco, Mexico, France, Italy, and several other countries. As one of the most popular family destinations in the world, sunny Orlando is home to other theme parks including Universal Orlando Resort and SeaWorld Orlando.
Those hoping to shake up the typical theme-park-dominated itinerary can head into downtown Orlando’s vibrant arts district. The neighborhood boasts venues such as the CityArts Factory, a multifaceted patchwork of gallery spaces, and SAK Comedy Lab, which holds improv shows five nights a week.