Hotel at a Glance: Mar Vista Grande
Overlooking the ocean from a sandy strip of beachfront property, Mar Vista Grande is in North Myrtle Beach, within walking distance of Main Street’s shops and restaurants. The AAA Four Diamond resort’s spacious condos come equipped with full kitchens and jetted bathtubs.
- Go swimming in one of the resort’s indoor or outdoor pools or hot tubs. One pool includes a lazy river.
- Onsite dining: A seasonal poolside tiki bar serves cocktails and snacks.
- Get pampered with a couples massage or indulgent champagne body treatment at the spa.
- Fitness center with cardio machines and free weights
- Tee off: There are dozens of top-tier golf courses in the area.
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina: Sandy Beaches, Seaside Golf Courses, and Classic Amusement-Park Rides
Myrtle Beach is the crown jewel of South Carolina’s Grand Strand, a 60-mile stretch of white, sandy beaches along the Atlantic seaboard that draws surfers, fishers, and kayakers. The city was named one of the best vacation spots in the United States for a family by USA Today, in part because of its wooden boardwalk, which stretches for more than a mile and buzzes with carnival games and amusement-park rides. Hop into the SkyWheel Ferris wheel’s glass-floored gondolas, surrounded by more than a million LED lights, for a panoramic view of the city below.
Less than 20 miles south of Myrtle Beach, the tiny fishing village of Murrells Inlet provides a tranquil contrast to the boardwalk’s hustle and bustle. At Brookgreen Gardens, more than 1,400 original sculptures stand amid sprawling floral gardens and massive, moss-covered oak trees that have been around for centuries. Murrells Inlet is also home to the Tom Fazio–designed TPC Myrtle Beach golf course, 1 of more than 100 courses in the area that helped Myrtle Beach earn its title as the seaside golf capital of the world.