Resort at a Glance: Mayan Village Resort
Though it’s just a 50-minute drive from Cabo San Lucas, the Mayan Village Resort feels like it’s completely off the grid. What it lacks in nightlife, the remote resort makes up in swimming and surfing, a minimal carbon footprint, and priceless tranquility. Visit the resort’s FAQ page for additional information.
- Beachfront location: Swim on one of the area’s only swimmable beaches, go fishing in a panga boat, or watch a pod of whales go by.
- Cabanas are eco-friendly, watertight, and thoroughly charming.
- Stay active: You can go horseback riding or bike through the Sierra de la Laguna mountain range.
- Relax: Take a dip in the pool or do yoga.
- His and hers bathrooms have showers amid coconut palm trees and bougainvilleas.
- Give back: Five percent of all the resort’s profits are reinvested in the community. Beneficiaries include a local orphanage and a sea turtle conservationist.
El Pescadero, Baja California Sur: Off-the-Grid Surfing near Los Cabos
On the Pacific side of the Baja California Sur peninsula lies El Pescadero, a sleepy fishing-and-farming town best known for its swimming and surfing beaches. Despite the laid-back vibe, there are plenty of activities available in the area, from sportfishing the uncrowded ocean waters to hunting for waterfalls on an ATV in the Sierra de la Laguna reserve. If you want a taste of area culture, the Todos Santos artists’ colony is just a few minutes away; the high-end restaurants and nightlife in Los Cabos can be reached within an hour.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the best way to travel to the hotel from the airport? The property recommends renting a car. Taxis are also available at Manuel Márquez de León International Airport (LAP) and Los Cabos International Airport (SJD).
2. Is there an additional occupancy fee, or do I have to purchase another Groupon? The Groupon covers two guests, and cabanas have a maximum occupancy of two.
3. Will I be approached to attend a timeshare sales presentation? Groupon customers are never obligated to attend a sales presentation. If you are approached and decline a presentation, you will not lose the value of your Groupon or have to pay additional fees.
4. Which activities and amenities are included in the resort credits? No resort credits are included in this Groupon.
5. Are dinner reservations required for restaurants? Is there a dress code? There are no onsite restaurants.