Top Reasons to Stay at Meadowbrook Inn
- Nestled in the rolling green Blue Ridge Mountains, Meadowbrook Inn is just a scenic walk from downtown Blowing Rock's boutiques, art galleries, and bistros.
- At Tweetsie Railroad Wild West theme park, opening April 11, you can ride a vintage steam locomotive, watch a live reenactment of a cowboy shootout, and shop at general stores.
- The inn features a beautifully landscaped pond, where guests can stop to feed the ducks.
- Inside, a swimming pool and hot tub are quiet places to recharge.
- Enjoy winter sports including skiing, ice skating, and downhill tubing.
- Guest rooms are individually decorated and equipped with free wireless Internet. Abigail's cottage features a fireplace and a private deck with a hot tub where you can take in the fresh mountain air.
Blowing Rock, North Carolina: Scenic Hikes and Skiing in the Blue Ridge Mountains
Blowing Rock is located on the edge of the 500,000-acre Pisgah National Forest in northeastern North Carolina. The town, named for a rock formation, is a home base for outdoor recreation in the Blue Ridge Mountains—especially hiking, whitewater rafting, fly-fishing, and horseback riding. Moses H. Cone Memorial Park, a historic estate on 3,600 acres of forests and meadows, has 26 miles of carriage roads designated for walking and horseback riding. To see the sights from a car, head to the Blue Ridge Parkway, a scenic motorway through the Appalachians featuring picturesque views.
Nearby Grandfather Mountain offers hiking trails and a nature museum. About 3 miles away is Appalachian Ski Mountain, a popular ski spot with 12 trails for all skill levels and an outdoor ice arena. Visit Hawksnest for some exhilarating downhill tubing or take a walk in the woods.
Back in town, Blowing Rock’s Main Street is lined with antique shops, boutiques, and upscale bistros. Bargain hunters might want to stop by Tanger Outlets, home to Banana Republic, Loft, and Polo Ralph Lauren outlet stores.