Hotel at a Glance: Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Uncasville
This Microtel Inn & Suites is just a short drive or shuttle trip from several entertainment venues. Mohegan Sun Casino and Foxwoods Casino are just 2 and 10 miles away, respectively. Guests can venture to either to play table and slot games between live concerts and comedy shows. Others might shop and sightsee in nearby towns, or head to the coast.
- Free shuttle service: The hotel provides transportation to Mohegan Sun Casino from early through late evening.
- Drive to the Atlantic Ocean in just 30 minutes.
- Fuel your day with hot and cold cereal, bagels and muffins, pastries, and other items at the hotel’s continental breakfast.
- Grab a bite to eat at the snack corner.
- Stay connected with the free WiFi.
- Day trip: More than 40 walkable shops and restaurants fill the colonial-style buildings of Olde Mistick Village, about 20 miles away. Other local destinations include the Mystic Seaport and the Connecticut Wine Trail.
Montville, Connecticut: Historic Town near Hiking, the Coast, and Casinos
Montville’s history stretches back to 1646, when it was first settled under the name Pequot, after the Mashantucket Pequot tribe that inhabited the area. Today, the town’s closest neighbor is the Mohegan Tribal Reservation, home to the famous Mohegan Sun Casino. You can learn more about local Native American history through lifelike dioramas, art, and artifacts at the Mashantucket Pequot Museum & Research Center in nearby Mashantucket. Climb to the top of the museum’s 185-foot tower to see panoramic views of the wooded landscape and nearby swamplands.
There are lots of places to explore the scenery. Go on a hike through the dense birch, maple, and sassafras forests of Ledyard, or venture to the coast: it’s just a half-hour drive away. At Bluff Point State Park, you can enjoy forested hiking and biking trails that lead to a mile of sandy, secluded beachfront.