Hotel at a Glance: Millennium Harvest House Boulder
Landscaped gardens and waterfall ponds sprawl across the 16 acres that surround this hotel, which occupies an enviable spot near the foot of the Rocky Mountains. Guests can rent a cruiser bike to pedal around town, or swim a few laps at the expansive fitness center’s pool.
- Farm-to-table dining: Dine on a seasonal menu with fresh, locally sourced produce at the on-site Thyme on the Creek, where you can eat al fresco amid a scenic Rocky Mountain vista.
- Room with a view: Step out onto the balcony of your guest room to feel the mountain air and look out onto the resort’s landscaped gardens. High-speed Internet access and an HDTV helps you stay connected with the outside world.
- Make a splash: The resort has both indoor and outdoor pools, and an outdoor hot tub, where you can relax.
- 15 tennis courts are scattered throughout the resort. Some are covered, so you can play year-round.
- Distance to University of Colorado: The campus is just a short half-mile walk away.
Boulder, Colorado: Artsy College Town in the Rocky Mountains
Boulder sits at the base of the Flatirons, which are craggy sandstone mountains that give way to the majestic Rockies. Interspersed by lakes, reservoirs, and pine forests, the rugged landscape is ideal for outdoor adventure. Tourists and locals rent mountain bikes and strap on hiking backpacks to explore the Royal Arch Trail, an exhilarating hike that winds through nearly four miles of red rock outcroppings and huge boulders. The reward is a landmark rock arch at the end of the trail and distant views of Denver’s skyline. For winter visitors looking to ski, Eldora Mountain Resort is just a 20-mile drive away.
Boulder’s sprawling natural wilderness complements the city’s eco-conscious attitude—think farm-to-table fare mixed with local produce. The restaurants and brewpubs also draw in a lot of traffic from the University of Colorado, which has its main campus in town. You’re sure to find live music and open mics in town nearly every night of the week, and those coming on a weekend in autumn may be able to catch a Colorado Buffaloes football game at Folsom Field. Another popular activity is shopping at Pearl St. Mall, a pedestrian-friendly attraction that boasts its share of galleries and quirky boutiques.