Hotel at a Glance: Minerals Hotel
There’s adventure year-round at Minerals Hotel, which is set amid northern New Jersey’s green hills at the Crystal Springs Resort. On a warm day, you can go fishing or hit the links at an award-winning golf course designed by Robert Trent Jones (one of seven courses within 5 miles). The sprawling resort also offers plenty of relaxing diversions, from an onsite spa to several swimming pools.
- Woodsy decor adds a rustic touch to the guest rooms; choose a luxury room for a king-size bed, kitchenette, and gas fireplace.
- Signature dish: Bison meatloaf is among the exotic options served up at the onsite Kites restaurant.
- Splash around in the indoor pool complex.
- Go skiing at Mountain Creek, which has 160+ acres of skiable terrain and night skiing.
- Vitamin-infused facials and mineral mud wraps let you relax the natural way at Elements Spa.
- Stay active: Go on a horseback ride to the resort’s mountaintop during warm weather, or get a nice stretch in at an onsite yoga class.
Vernon, New Jersey: Mountain Adventure Year-Round
No matter what the season, it’s hard to stay inside in Vernon, New Jersey. Set in the foothills of the Kittatinny Mountains, Vernon draws outdoor enthusiasts with mountain biking in warmer months and downhill skiing in winter. Enjoy the beautiful outdoors with a scenic bike ride on Paulinskill Trail or spend the day in the refreshing waters learning how to canoe and standup paddleboard. Visitors can also take in the various offsite activities that are available, including skydiving, hot air balloon rides, and farm tours.