This 4-star Mediterranean-style spa resort is surrounded by citrus, rose, and herb gardens and the Santa Rosa Mountains
Resort at a Glance: Miramonte Indian Wells Resort and Spa
This 4-star resort sits in a scenic desert valley with a view of the Santa Rosa Mountains. Villas are spread out across the property, which features picturesque fountains and splashes of purple ornamental flowers. In addition to the scenery, guests enjoy easy access to three pools, two golf courses, and yoga. A redesigned lobby opens up to the bar-lounge concept and a farm-to-table restaurant with a soothing atmosphere, modern wood finishes, colorful eye-catching artwork, and intricate light fixtures.
The executive Chef has revamped the seasonal menu to incorporate more local ingredients sourced directly from local farmers, creating an array of delectable and nutritious meals that promote wellness from plate to palate. The tavern also emulates the California casual feel of the new restaurant with the addition of a dedicated coffee corner and plush lounge seating.
More notable changes within the resort can be found in the meetings and event spaces as well as the spa. The 20,000+ square feet of indoor event space available on-property has also been given an updated look that blends traditional Palm Springs modernism with steel, wood, and warm colored accents. The award-winning spa has refreshed its interior and added new chaise-style chairs, modern lighting, and lush greenery to the outdoor areas.
- Accommodations: Guest rooms are decorated with a color scheme of greys, blues, and beiges. Some rooms have patios.
- Best spot for stargazing: the outdoor fire pit, surrounded by cushioned chairs
- Go for a swim in the main pool, which has a bar serving food and drinks.
- Sage, basil, and rosemary from its groves are used in the fresh seasonal fare served at the restaurant nearby.
- Get a massage: The resort’s spa was named among the Top 100 Resort Spas by Condé Nast Traveler.
- Grab a drink at their tavern, which boasts handcrafted cocktails paired with locally sourced bar bites, all enjoyed with a scenic view from the patio.
California’s Coachella Valley: Recreational Paradise in the Santa Rosa Mountains
The town of Indian Wells is tucked into California’s Coachella Valley, where the sun shines more than 300 days a year. It’s just about 16 miles southeast of Palm Springs, the affluent, artsy community known for its abundance of outdoor activities ranging from golf to hiking. The Living Desert Zoo and Gardens lets hikers savor the balmy climate while strolling grounds filled with desert flora and fauna. At Palm Canyon, located a bit farther out in Indian Canyons, a winding footpath leads through rocky gorges to a prime picnicking spot next to a babbling stream.